Mother's Day

Trish5768

<font color=6600CC>Each food in its own time<br><f
I am definately staying away from MK that weekend but was wondering how will Epcot or Mgm's attendance be? Has anyone been on Mother' s Day weekend, if so how was it and is there anything special going on? Thanks for any info!

Keep in mind that Mother's Day falls during the Flower & Garden Show at EPCOT, so that might be a factor in your decision - maybe you want to see all the F&G activities & maybe not. Last year I tried to rent an ECV (scooter) at EPCOT about a half hour after the official scheduled opening time. There were no ECVs available at either EPCOT entrance. I'm trying to remember if it was last year when we got a carnation upon entering EPCOT. Also, last year Disney was taking photos of mothers & their party at a couple spots throughout the park. We had a photo taken near the Land with a nice F&G background. The photo was sent to us at home & was complimentary.

My family and I went to Epcot for Mother's Day last year and it was fine. They had a special Mother's Day brunch at the Odyssey which was really nice. They had a huge buffet with a lot of nice foods and a harp player in the room. They also have free picture taking at various places through out the park. We had it done twice once over by the IG where there were a lot of flowers and then another time over in the countries with with Epcot ball behind us. I like the flower shot better. They sent these to our home for free. It was a nice souviner to get. We stayed mostly in the countries and had a great time. I don't remember it being to crowded but we didn't go on many rides, just visited the countries. It was our last day at the parks anyway.

Hope this helps,
SuJo:Pinkbounc

We were in Epcot on Mother's Day in 1998. I don't remember it being very crowded at all. I wasn't a mother then, so I can't comment on the carnations/pictures, but we'll be there again this Mother's Day. Since Epcot is such a large park, I wouldn't think that it would be overly crowded. Can't comment on MGM though.

One of the best WDW trips we ever had was Mothers Day week. We had 4 days over Mothers Day weekend and the park was empty. This was May of 2000 - not that long ago. They gave flowers to all the Mothers upon entry to the park. No crowds, no long lines. We are going again this May 14-17( mid week, less crowds )same week because it was so lovely. The weather is warm but not sweltering, and school is not out yet and spring break is over:p One of the nicest times of the year to go

We were at AK last MD and they gave me a carnation. Crowds were very minimal. I didn't notice anything else special going on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter