Move it! Shake It! Dance and Play It! To End

johnnyr

DIS Veteran
Sorry if this has been posted already but I just read this on another site. My initial take is it's another budget cut for us to accept. What used to set Disney World apart from every other theme park IMHO was their outstanding parades. The nighttime parades were unique and spewed the Disney touch no one else had. They are now gone and here is yet another parade about to be gone leaving just one. My hope is someday they will bring back the nighttime parades but the Disney company seems to be all about cutting out the Disney touch and raising prices to raise profits. I get it, they are a business but the cuts are showing in the parks and resorts. If you are new to the Disney Parks you probably don't know they Disney Company of years past. It was never like this. I've been a share holder and AP holder for over 20 years and am very disappointed every time I see them cut or discontinue something that sets them apart from everyone else. They haven't been replacing their cuts with anything. Writing letters, emailing and calling does nothing. We are expected to accept their less for more strategies. Didn't mean to make this sound like a rant, but as a long time loyal repeat visitor, I'm just tired of seeing them making cuts without replacing with something else.

https://www.wdwmagic.com/attraction...t-party-coming-to-and-end-later-this-year.htm

There seems to be a disagreement on when it will end. Some sites are saying Dec 1st and some are saying Oct 6th. MDE and the internal calendar are both showing Oct 6th.

This is one of my favorite activities and I love that my 8 year old is still willing to get out and dance with the parade!

We will be back in November and it will be really sad if this parade isn’t around and there is no dragon in the festival of fantasy parade and there is no nighttime parade (besides holiday party).

as long as people keep coming and disney sees no effect of these cuts money or attendance wise they will keep making these cuts for profit

Well, we've 'bout had enough!!! We went three times May '17-Apr '18 only because we had purchased AP's. Have no plans to go back in the near future. We've always enjoyed Disney, and have been going since the MK opened, many years ago.
Will wait and see after a lot of the construction is finished and up and running.There are plenty other places we enjoy going that are on our itinerary at this time.
We're tired of prices going up, up while cuts are being made left and right.

I think this should have been posted on the Rumors thread. Did you see the parts in the article that state, "it isn't yet clear if there will be another version to follow" and "The current version of the Move It! Shake It! Dance and Play It! Street Party is likely to have its final show later this year" and "this information should be treated as speculation at this point." This parade has been updated once and they may just be updating it again (and it really needs an update!). Why are we jumping to conclusions? Yes, you're right, with the opening of Pandora, TSL, Star Wars Land and the addition of gondolas, it's very apparent WDW is cutting corners . . .

The last time I was at MISI (Feb 2017), Ferb walked up to me and gave me a hug. :cloud9:

If the parade ends, can Judy & Nick finally have a proper regular (not just parties) meet & greet please???

Sorry if this has been posted already but I just read this on another site. My initial take is it's another budget cut for us to accept. What used to set Disney World apart from every other theme park IMHO was their outstanding parades. The nighttime parades were unique and spewed the Disney touch no one else had. They are now gone and here is yet another parade about to be gone leaving just one. My hope is someday they will bring back the nighttime parades but the Disney company seems to be all about cutting out the Disney touch and raising prices to raise profits. I get it, they are a business but the cuts are showing in the parks and resorts. If you are new to the Disney Parks you probably don't know they Disney Company of years past. It was never like this. I've been a share holder and AP holder for over 20 years and am very disappointed every time I see them cut or discontinue something that sets them apart from everyone else. They haven't been replacing their cuts with anything. Writing letters, emailing and calling does nothing. We are expected to accept their less for more strategies. Didn't mean to make this sound like a rant, but as a long time loyal repeat visitor, I'm just tired of seeing them making cuts without replacing with something else.

https://www.wdwmagic.com/attraction...t-party-coming-to-and-end-later-this-year.htm
We're finished for a while, too. I'm sure we'll visit WDW again, but not nearly so frequently as we've done over the past few years. The cutbacks in park hours combined with the sharing of EMH/FP+ perks with offsite resorts is a big deal to me. Other cutbacks, like no more individual toiletries at even deluxe resorts, irk me, as well. We just had a trip last month, and the oversold MNSSHP was the low point of our trip and I felt ripped off by it. I considered after the trip the decline in customer service I've noticed between now and our first trip in 2009.

We had great fun & I'm glad that most of our visiting was when things were more customer-friendly than they're getting to be. We have lots of other great destinations on our radar, including more Disney cruises, Disneyland Paris, and eventually we'd like to do DisneySea in Japan. And we're visiting lots of national parks and great cities, as well. It's a big world out there!

Last edited:
I think this should have been posted on the Rumors thread...Why are we jumping to conclusions?
It's confirmed that the parade is ending, so no, that isn't a rumor. This thread is about the parade ending, and how people feel about it. You feel one way, the OP feels another. Everyone has a right to their opinion, but it is not just a rumor that the parade is being cut.

Yes, you're right, with the opening of Pandora, TSL, Star Wars Land and the addition of gondolas, it's very apparent WDW is cutting corners . . .

Parades are very different experiences than rides: more of a show or spectacle that adds to the overall experience of being in the park, longer lasting than most rides, no FPs needed to see them without an endless wait, no height requirement, characters are involved, etc.

Disney has already removed multiple parades & not replaced tham, so the OP is being reasonable by considering that this one may well not be replaced, either.

Last edited:
There are some rumors about the night time parade coming back soon, I wonder if the end of this offering has something to do with that. I commiserate with people that feel like Disney is removing things and not replacing them, but I think that the resort is trying to "spread" the crowds around the entire resort.

While the hours at MK have been reduced when you look at recent history, there has been aggressive extension of hours in AK and DHS that go along with those new lands. If you look at MK hours in the 70's 80's and 90's the park is still open quite a bit longer now especially in the morning... the only difference is all of the Halloween and Christmas Parties cutting in to operating hours.

Animal Kingdom has added tons of new night time entertainment, shows and music. DHS is almost done adding their second new land.

I think Disney's mentality is that the crowds in the MK are overwhelming and hurting guest experiences and they are trying to encourage people to try the other parks. MK will always be #1, but the number of attractions there far outstrips the other parks. MK doesn't need a second parade as bad as DHS, AK, and EPCOT need more rides or attractions.

While the hours at MK have been reduced when you look at recent history, there has been aggressive extension of hours in AK and DHS that go along with those new lands. If you look at MK hours in the 70's 80's and 90's the park is still open quite a bit longer now especially in the morning... the only difference is all of the Halloween and Christmas Parties cutting in to operating hours.

Incidentally, I saw they just kicked in later hours for multiple nights at MK during our late October stay, and that's with attendance supposedly being quite a bit softer than usual at the moment. I reckon that's counterintuitive to what they'd be expected to do right now.

I know every time Disney cuts something, the temptation is to look for patterns, but *sometimes* it's just cuts for reasons we have zero knowledge about. I was going through a long list of attractions and general things to do that Walt cut during the first 11-12 years of Disneyland, including converting attractions to retail space. I wonder if he would've been broadsided online. "I LOVED Flying Saucers! Walt's just about making a quick buck now. It's so sad how the park's gone downhill." :)

CMs were told 12/1. So therefore it is ending on December 1.

I believe there is a bit of an information conflict too because of what I am hearing. Plus Disney has yet to update entertainment schedules for October and November.

Bummer. My kids like this... Hopefully we can enjoy it one last time in mid-Oct (if the Dec 1 end date is correct).

Hopefully this is going to be replaced by something, but I won't hold my breath...

This is one of my favorite little "happy moments" in the Magic Kingdom. Last year for Christmas, my kids made me a video montage of all our past trips set to the "Party Up" song from this! I now have that song on my Disney playlist. :) I am really, really, hoping they are just re-working it a little as they have done a couple of times now, maybe with new song choices or something. (come on Disney, I'm still not over losing the Welcome Show, don't take my Move It Shake It!!!!!)

We love Move It Shake It. Will be at Dinsey Thanksgiving week. Hope it's still there so we can see it one last time.

One of our best Disney memories of all time was when our then 4 year old daughter, who had beat cancer the year before, got selected to dance with Jessie during the Move It Shake It Parade.

Note to Disney: Your parks have always been so much more than just rides. So, while we are grateful for all the new attractions/lands that you are creating, we are extremely saddened that you are consistently taking away many of the little things that made Disney special. If you ever totally lose that 'magic', then you are just another theme park. And, I'm afraid that you are headed down that path.

It's confirmed that the parade is ending, so no, that isn't a rumor. This thread is about the parade ending, and how people feel about it. You feel one way, the OP feels another. Everyone has a right to their opinion, but it is not just a rumor that the parade is being cut.

Parades are very different experiences than rides: more of a show or spectacle that adds to the overall experience of being in the park, longer lasting than most rides, no FPs needed to see them without an endless wait, no height requirement, characters are involved, etc.

Disney has already removed multiple parades & not replaced tham, so the OP is being reasonable by considering that this one may well not be replaced, either.

We love Move It Shake It. Will be at Dinsey Thanksgiving week. Hope it's still there so we can see it one last time.

One of our best Disney memories of all time was when our then 4 year old daughter, who had beat cancer the year before, got selected to dance with Jessie during the Move It Shake It Parade.

Note to Disney: Your parks have always been so much more than just rides. So, while we are grateful for all the new attractions/lands that you are creating, we are extremely saddened that you are consistently taking away many of the little things that made Disney special. If you ever totally lose that 'magic', then you are just another theme park. And, I'm afraid that you are headed down that path.
With the rumors of several cuts today, it seems like Disney is removing experiences from Disney. While my family is excited to ride many of the rides on our first family trip this fall we also wanted to go to Disney for the experiences too and I feel they are losing some of that and only looking at big ticket rides. This is especially sad for families with young children who don't go to Disney frequently.

We’re always trying to avoid this — it’s been around for a long time and I’m glad it’s ending, honestly. A replacement down the line with — hopefully!! — something better would be welcome to us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter