Movenpick Dream Castle Hotel Report

gaila

Earning My Ears
As promised a report on this newly opened hotel in the Val de France area just outside the parks and in the same area as the Explorer, Holiday Inn and Kyriad.

We arrived 10 days after the official opening for a 6 night stay. We have been to Disneyland Paris before and wanted somewhere to stay that offered other facilities to enable us to relax and use the hotel as a base to travel a little further afield. We have an 11 year old and 2 year old son.

We were a little disappointed on arrival to see that the hotel was obviously not fully operational. The gardens were a little tatty and the general appearance outside could have been better for a good sweep and clean up. The childrens play area in the lobby was quite nice but would be better with a few more toys.

The shop/second dining room and pool were all closed. There was a beauty salon/sauna/steam room but to be honest there was never any staff around to check it was safe to be used.
The pool did open on day 3 but was so cold that our toddler cried when we took him in there the first time and as the temp never increased even afer complaining we didn't bother again.

The other problem was with breakfast. Around 9am there was a huge queue and we waited up to 30 mins one morning for breakfast. This was free so we were prepared to wait.

These were the problems we encountered during our stay. Most of which should be dealt with fairly soon especially now the discount prices have finished!

Overall we enjoyed our stay there but would have enjoyed it much more had the pool/childrens facilities been better. The hotel itself is impressive, the rooms spacious and with a nice touch of bunk beds for children. There could have been more space for clothes but I presume most guests will only stay two or three nights so won't need it as much as we did.

There is no coffee/tea making facilities in the rooms and although you could order room service it would amount to an expensive early morning cuppa! There was a mobile phone charging centre and adaptors for sockets available from reception. The transport to and from the theme parks was excellent leaving the hotel every 20 mins. We did notice that our hotel didn't get as many buses as the others but by walking to the Explorer next door you could get onto bus every 5-10 minutes during busier times.

The staff we extremely helpful and pleasant and did all they could especially during the rush of breakfast - which was not down to the lack of effort by the staff themselves. The breakfast was extremely nice and offered a wide range of things to set you up for the day.

Would I stay there again? It is one of the most expensive hotels outside the resort and does offer a high standard of accommodation. However while we have children to think about I doubt we would as the facilities were not as good as we had anticipated. Another point to consider is that it is aimed at the Geman market and the day we left there seemed to be hundreds of people from one tour operator descending on the place. If this is to be the norm then It wouldn't be for me as the peacefulness of the hotel was spoilt by such a large group of people.

A lovely hotel with a fabulous view and close enough to the parks without being in them. Not that geared up for children compared to others in the area though.

Thanks Gaila :D

Well going on what you've said here it looks like we'll be going with The Holiday Inn.
My boys will be 3 and 18 months when we go so the childrens facilities are really important.

Can you remember about the English t.v channels in the rooms ?
I would imagine that The Holiday inn would have the same ones :confused:

Thanks Gaila

Great to get an informative review of somewere new.

We are due to go for dinner at the buffet restaurant in there . Did u see the restaurants ?? We have booked Travellers explorer From 2nd week in Aug, as we were worried to book so soon after opening. So many places suffer teething problems and we didnt want add stress to already stressed out kids !!!

Sounds like some of it was nice though.

We couldn't fault the service or the food in the restaurant. We only went into the Musketeers restaurant as the other wasn't open. The breakfast was excellent and there was a lot of choice.

The evening buffet was 25 Euros for an adult and 15 for a child.

Gail

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter