Movie premieres onboard

How does DCL handle movie premieres onboard? Do they typically replace that night's show? The release date for Avengers: Infinity War is the day our cruise embarks, so I'm trying to figure out what might happen (and whether we want to make any adjustments to our dining plans).
For Brave and Finding Dory, they had 3D midnight showings on opening day (Finding Dory opened on my embarkation day) in the main theater as well as many subsequent showings throughout the duration of the cruise in the movie theater. The regular evening stage shows were not affected.

I was on the Magic last year when Guardians 2 premiered. They made it the main show that night, which my son(6) and I loved! He still remembers when he saw it first on the ship.

For Brave and Finding Dory, they had 3D midnight showings on opening day (Finding Dory opened on my embarkation day) in the main theater as well as many subsequent showings throughout the duration of the cruise in the movie theater. The regular evening stage shows were not affected.

For us, Finding Dory premeared on midnight (the morning) of our disembarkation day in Dover (June 17th, 2016), so DCL had gotten special permission from Big Disney to move up the showing to 10:30 pm so people could get some sleep before they had to get up for the early last breakfast. It showed in both the Walt Disney and Buena Vista Theaters at that time. This was not the norm for the other permears that we have had at midnight of our disembarkation day, it was usually at midnight and in the Buena Vista Theater only.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter