moving to another room

Chrisinroch

Earning my Beers
I was told by reservations that since we are changing rooms in the middle of the stay, that if we bought the dining plan we would have to pay for that day twice?!?!

Also, since I have an AP, I would still have to buy at least one day of tickets ?!?!

seems screwey

I would double check that, my understanding after speaking with reservations was that the dining plan was based on the number of nights (not days) you are staying.

They also told me that I couldn't have an Ap at all. It would have to be a package and everyone one had to have tickets for the whole stay. You might ask them about that. :rolleyes:

Technically, no. The Disney Dining Plan is based on the number of NIGHTS of your stay, not days. So if you were to check into Pop Century on Saturday and stay there Saturday night, Sunday night and Monday night, your DDP would include three snacks, three counter service credits and three table service credits. These credits expire at midnight (well, 11:59 PM, to avoid confusion) Tuesday.
Then on Tuesday you check out of Pop and into Animal Kingdom Lodge and stay there Tuesday night, Wednesday night, Thursday night and Friday night (then go home Saturday). You again purchase the DDP. This time you get four snacks, four counter service credits and four table service credits. These credits expire at midnight Saturday.

Therefore, in your seven night total stay, you get seven "sets" of credits. Not eight, you're not doubling up anywhere.

That's the good news. Now the less than desirable information: In order to be eligible for the Disney Dining Plan, you have to purchase a package. What constitutes a package is a room-plus-park passes reservation. Your package has to include the same pass for each person on your reservation; this pass can be upgraded later and does then NOT have to be the same for each person.
The problem the OP is going to have is that they will have to purchase TWO packages, each with at least a one-day one-park pass for each person on the reservation.

Note that DVC members, or Guests staying in a DVC Resort using points, can book the DDP without having to purchase any park passes.

You said you are staying at a DVC resort. Are you a DVC owner or renting points from an owner? If so you do not need to have tickets attached to your reservation to get the dining plan. You will also not be buying extra "days" because as noted above the plan is based on number of nights not days. You would have the one day in the middle when you might have credits from the first nights to use up and you would already be holding your new credits on the new room key. No big deal, just make sure to use up the old credits that day because they expire at midnight.
Have a Great Trip!!

Chrisinroch said:
I was told by reservations that since we are changing rooms in the middle of the stay, that if we bought the dining plan we would have to pay for that day twice?!?!

Also, since I have an AP, I would still have to buy at least one day of tickets ?!?!

seems screwey

Suppose you stay 6 nights at Hotel A, then 6 at B. Well then the plan for hotel A is good through 11:59 pm on the date you check out of Hotel A. The Plan for Hotel B activates the moment you check in. Obviously, you're probably going to check in to hotel B prior to 11:59 Pm. So technically yes, there is some overlap. But you're not double paying for the day. You're paying for credits. You get 6 each of TS, CS, and Sn per person at A, and the same at B. If you have some left from A the day you check in to B, you can use them up until midnight. You aren't FORCED, to use any credits from B that day and thus aren't double paying.

On Tickets.
If you are staying on DVC you do not have to purchase park tix.
If you are not staying DVC, you must have the same type of park tickets for everyone in the room at each hotel. They do not have to be length of stay tickets.
By the way, if you already have your AP's, you can purchase the DDE which gives you 20% off. You might find with your split stay, that's a more viable option

Also because you are required to purchase a package you will not be able to get an AP rate for your room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter