Moving to Orlando next year

akm2011

Earning My Ears
Hello All, I am set to graduate from my family nurse practitioner program next year in May 2018. I am looking to move to the Orlando area because of my life-long love of disney. I looking for suggestions of the best neighborhoods to rent from-- I plan to get an apartment, not a house-- and any other advice you could offer. Thanks so much!

Oh My Gosh! How exciting! I am first of all (( soooo jealous )) but secondly do you plan on getting a job working for Disney? I know the parks are always hiring along with the retail stores. You should look into something like this. I believe working there would be amazing, and I'm guessing there has to be some perks to being employed as well. I wish you all the pixie dust in the world on your move, that has to be so exciting!

She is graduating from a nursing program , she will have a good job. And lots of spending money for Disney .:) love Disney ,have fun and best of luck after graduation .

Very exciting time for you!! Congratulations on your graduation and move!

Oh My Gosh! How exciting! I am first of all (( soooo jealous )) but secondly do you plan on getting a job working for Disney? I know the parks are always hiring along with the retail stores. You should look into something like this. I believe working there would be amazing, and I'm guessing there has to be some perks to being employed as well. I wish you all the pixie dust in the world on your move, that has to be so exciting![/QUOTE

Thanks so much for your warm wishes! I would love to work for Disney as a nurse practitioner, but I'm guessing that kind of position might not come up for a while. I look on Disney's career forums all the time, but something just right would have to pop up. Working at Disney has been a life long dream of mine, but it might take a few years to get there. I hope you have a wonderful summer and thanks so much for the encouragement. : )

Seminole County and Osceola County would be better than Orlando. There are some very bad areas in Orlando especially on Colonial (50) and Orange Blossom Trail.

I would try Maitland, Winter Park, Kissimmee etc

Seminole County and Osceola County would be better than Orlando. There are some very bad areas in Orlando especially on Colonial (50) and Orange Blossom Trail.

I would try Maitland, Winter Park, Kissimmee etc

I wouldn't completely dismiss Orange County. There are a lot of nice areas in west Orange County.

I moved to an apartment in the ChampionsGate area in April. I'm about 20 minutes from Disney, and it's a nice quiet area surrounded by golf courses, great for dog walking, but still close enough to everything. I also work for a medical practice that is probably always looking for nurse practitioners, if you don't already have something lined up, so message me if you are interested. :)

I moved to an apartment in the ChampionsGate area in April. I'm about 20 minutes from Disney, and it's a nice quiet area surrounded by golf courses, great for dog walking, but still close enough to everything. I also work for a medical practice that is probably always looking for nurse practitioners, if you don't already have something lined up, so message me if you are interested. :)

We just moved to Winter Garden, just north of WDW. We are 15 minutes to every park. #LovingLife

Wow, so I don't have a job lined up as of yet since I'm still around nine months away from graduation. I am not sure how to message you on here, I'm still kinda new to DIS boards but I would love to learn more about the medical practice you work at. Thanks so much for the help.

Yes there are some nice parts in Orange county. Just wanted original poster to be aware since she mentioned Orlando.

There are plenty of nice areas in Orlando. I'd far prefer to live in Orlando over Kissimmee, anyway.

OP, I would find out where you will be working first and then go from there. If you're working near downtown: downtown itself, Lake Eola Heights, Thornton Park, Delaney Park, College Park, Mills 50/Colonialtown, Ivanhoe Village and Winter Park are all good. With the exception of College Park, stay east of I-4.

If you're on the south/west side of town, there are a bunch of new apartment complexes in the Dr. Phillips/Williamsburg area, off of Palm Parkway and Central Florida Blvd. Windermere and Winter Garden (at least south of Colonial Dr.) are good areas as well.

I think you have to have 10 posts first? I'll keep checking back. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter