Moving walkways

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
I cannot do moving walkways, since I have practically zero balance. On some rides, they've slowed/stopped the walkway, but I guess I have this stupid fear that someone will start it again, so I STILL have trouble. So which rides have moving walkways?

with the moving walkways let the CM know that you can not do them when you see then the CM will lead you from the exit they are normally the ones that stop-start the walkways unless there is an emergency. the walkways that can not be stopped is peter pan and the people mover.

the ride with moving walk way

MK

POTCB has a moving walkway from the unload area to the gift shop more like a ramp with a handle
HM
the little mermaid
Buz
people mover can not be stopped
Peter pan can not be stopped ( I would talk to the CM if you really want to ride those they might have a way for you to do them but to not count on it)

EPCOT

the sea with nemo

HS and AK

I can not think of any here

I cannot do moving walkways, since I have practically zero balance. On some rides, they've slowed/stopped the walkway, but I guess I have this stupid fear that someone will start it again, so I STILL have trouble. So which rides have moving walkways?
do not know if it would help you but I have found a folding cane helps me getting on and off moving ramps. gives me something to lean on esp getting off. might be something that would help you

I have been on all those rides when they have stopped, so they can stop if necessary.

Hate moving walkways! Sometimes my balance can be traitorous to me.. I have my dad or my 14 year old brother help me get in and out of those rides with moving walkways. I’ve gotten better over time but still You never know!

There is an elevator at the exit to Pirates, so you could avoid the moving walkway.

There is an elevator at the exit to Pirates, so you could avoid the moving walkway.

That one's not so bad, since it's got hand rails and you just stand and hold onto the rails. The ones that get me are the ones that move and you have to take one or two steps "free style". Although I admit that I did prefer the elevator at Pirates.

That one's not so bad, since it's got hand rails and you just stand and hold onto the rails. The ones that get me are the ones that move and you have to take one or two steps "free style". Although I admit that I did prefer the elevator at Pirates.
those "free style" are the ones where my folding cane helps me most. it gives me something to hold on so I can take the steps. I set it on walkway then stepped out and on to walkway

Even Peter Pan's Flight? Didn't it have to evacuate? Or is that just a rumor?
Peter Pan’s Flight in DISNEYLAND is a different ride system and the ride vehicle is stopped for each guest.

The official answer for WDW for both Peter Pan and Peoplemover is and that stopping is done only in the rarest situations - the term I was given is ”almost never”. This includes when they may allow a guest(s) with disabilities to ride Peter Pan either as first riders or last riders of the day (which Michigan’s daughter have done).

Officially, for Peter Pan, even slowing the belts at both is done only in “extremely unique” situations. The biggest reason at Peter Pan is the fact that the belt is designed to move at the same speed as the ride vehicles so slowing (or stopping) the belt also slows (or stops) the ride vehicles within the attraction where people are suspended above the ground.

WDW has had multiple situations where people either attempted or did get out of ride vehicles (ones I recall offhand include Peoplemover, Spaceship Earth, Splash Mountain). Those attractions have walkways and stairs to get riders out if an evacuation is needed. Peter Pan doesn’t.

Does this mean those 2 are never stopped - no - but it’s extremely rare (to the point of it should almost never happen).

Officially, for Peter Pan, even slowing the belts at both is done only in “extremely unique” situations. The biggest reason at Peter Pan is the fact that the belt is designed to move at the same speed as the ride vehicles so slowing (or stopping) the belt also slows (or stops) the ride vehicles within the attraction where people are suspended above the ground.

Yep, this. Even if the belts weren't driven by same drive train as the ride vehicles, which I'm pretty sure they are, Peter's Flight is different from other rides that use the Omnimover belt system. It's all the sharp turns in the winding route. Each turn is like a pulley that compounds the force of the chain track against the structure. Other rides, like HM or the Little Nemo ride make many fewer turns and make them across a larger radius.

It would be nice if they had gone with or renovated to a double loop or off track loading (like the skyliner) for mobility challenged. Especially on relatively new rides like Nemo, but everyday can't be Christmas.

Yep, this. Even if the belts weren't driven by same drive train as the ride vehicles, which I'm pretty sure they are, Peter's Flight is different from other rides that use the Omnimover belt system. It's all the sharp turns in the winding route. Each turn is like a pulley that compounds the force of the chain track against the structure. Other rides, like HM or the Little Nemo ride make many fewer turns and make them across a larger radius.

It would be nice if they had gone with or renovated to a double loop or off track loading (like the skyliner) for mobility challenged. Especially on relatively new rides like Nemo, but everyday can't be Christmas.

Wasn't Nemo just a reface of the old ride though, through the tubes in the aquarium? Or am I forgetting about another Nemo ride?

Wasn't Nemo just a reface of the old ride though, through the tubes in the aquarium? Or am I forgetting about another Nemo ride?
Yes, it was a reface of the original ride that took you ‘down to the ocean surface’ and then thru the tubes in the ‘ocean’ to get to ‘Seabase Alpha’.

Loading at Nemo, either with a wheelchair into the accessible vehicle or for someone with mobility challenges actually works quite well in our experience. You wait off to the side until the accessible vehicle arrives, then the CM calls you up and loads the wheelchair. Loading is quick and they often just slow the moving walkway rather than stopping it completely. The CM controlling the moving walkway can see guests and adjust speed.

Peter Pan’s Flight in DISNEYLAND is a different ride system and the ride vehicle is stopped for each guest.

The official answer for WDW for both Peter Pan and Peoplemover is and that stopping is done only in the rarest situations - the term I was given is ”almost never”. This includes when they may allow a guest(s) with disabilities to ride Peter Pan either as first riders or last riders of the day (which Michigan’s daughter have done).

WDW has had multiple situations where people either attempted or did get out of ride vehicles (ones I recall offhand include Peoplemover, Spaceship Earth, Splash Mountain). Those attractions have walkways and stairs to get riders out if an evacuation is needed. Peter Pan doesn’t.

Does this mean those 2 are never stopped - no - but it’s extremely rare (to the point of it should almost never happen).

When I was there in Feb, Peter Pan had an emergency stop. The ride and the conveyor belt came to a jerking halt. I was in line with about 8 people ahead of me to board. A little girl's princess dress was too long and as they got off of the ride, a part of her dress got lodged in the moving walkway and got pulled under and wrapped around the gears. Thankfully, the dress ripped so she was not injured. I was very impressed with their response to it. In under 2 minutes, a couple of maintenance guys arrived and got it working again in under 10 minutes. The cast member working at the time was talking to us and said that they have never seen an emergency stop like that.

Haunted mansion has been problematic for my mother since Knee replacement surgery. She also has difficulty on Figment and Spaceship Earth. The cast members can slow it down. They have for her.

Haunted mansion has been problematic for my mother since Knee replacement surgery. She also has difficulty on Figment and Spaceship Earth. The cast members can slow it down. They have for her.
Tell them your mom needs to load at exit of haunted mansion and they will stop it for her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!