MS is trying to make me think I am CRAZY!!

Joan S.

DIS Veteran<br><font color=blue>Needs to 'fess up
I just called MS to put requests on 3 reservations for OKW near Hospitality House. I have confirmed copies of these reservations saying near Hospitality House and they are telling "WELL YOU booked this online" and you are NOT near the HH?? WHAT last night it said HH online and now it does NOT!! WHO the HE** is allowed to go in and change MY reservation?? I am on hold and NOT happy!! Not a nice CM either :snooty: Glad i said yes to taking survey. Joan

Stick to your guns and remain calm (very hard to do, I know). We arrived at a resort once to find that the last several days had inexplicably been cancelled. When I finally got ahold of a supervisor and insisted, she said she'd call me back, and when she did, she was super nice suddenly. I think they do keep a record of previous phone calls and she knew I hadn't cancelled (why would I anyways, if we were flying). This was at Hilton Head, where moving us wasn't an option and the resort was sold out. BIG problem! Mistakes DO hapen at MS, even though they try to blame everything on the person who made the reservations. And good luck!

Were you calling to place request to say Hospitality house? obviously you must be calling with some other request if you booked hospitality house. I'm confused? What other request are there?

OK, So they said that OKW CHANGED my reservation because 1 of my reservations is NOT near the Hospitality House. BUT this last reservation(not near the HH) is AFTER we spend 2 nites at BCV and I am waitlisted for the HH for these last 3 nites. So this is NOT a continuous reservation that they changed. WHO are THEY to decide that I would rather have all the same reservations in the same area?? AFTER I specifically booked the HH for a reason. I JUST wanted to tell others CHECK your reservations!! The CM acted like they had done me a FAVOR!! I told her they have NO RIGHT to change my reservation without my consent. I also resented that BOTH the CM and the SUPERVISOR CM mentioned I had BOOKED online,making it seem that I had made the mistake!! The supervisor did have it changed back after a long wait on hold and I totally expressed my displeasure to her. She said I could say something when I checked in. Has anyone else had something like this happen to them?? Thanks for letting me VENT :thumbsup2 Joan

Were you calling to place request to say Hospitality house? obviously you must be calling with some other request if you booked hospitality house. I'm confused? What other request are there?

Yes I BOOKED it as HH. My request was NO 1st floor. We are all mobile and do not mind stairs. Joan

Stick to your guns and remain calm (very hard to do, I know). We arrived at a resort once to find that the last several days had inexplicably been cancelled. When I finally got ahold of a supervisor and insisted, she said she'd call me back, and when she did, she was super nice suddenly. I think they do keep a record of previous phone calls and she knew I hadn't cancelled (why would I anyways, if we were flying). This was at Hilton Head, where moving us wasn't an option and the resort was sold out. BIG problem! Mistakes DO hapen at MS, even though they try to blame everything on the person who made the reservations. And good luck!

Thank You :goodvibes I was VERY upset. More so that they can CHANGE it at will. THAT is what seems SO WRONG to me. Joan

She said I could say something when I checked in.

Well that's not going to help anything. The front desk CMs had nothing to do with anything.

First, the site is totally wonky and I still have a policy of not believing anything that shows up online right now. So I probably wouldn't have believed what they said they were seeing. You have email confirmations from booking that showed the HH designation? Print them out, get a fax number from DVC, fax them over.

Call back, talk to a different CM (don't bother keeping one CM on the phone if you're having problems, it helps no one), see what happened.

I'm sure you were calling to request a certain building, or certain type of building, to go with your BOOKED (not requested) HH reservation, but maybe the CM was confused.

I'd wait a bit then call back to get to the bottom of everything. If the IT department is messing with things behind the scenes, or one of the DVC departments (as they have done before in the past, thinking it would be changed and changed back immediately and never noticed), someone needs to know, because it might become a bigger problem later on.

I also resented that BOTH the CM and the SUPERVISOR CM mentioned I had BOOKED online,making it seem that I had made the mistake!!

Don't waste time resenting anything; they see what they see. Go to your email confirmations and fax them over if you wish.

JUST noticed that YOU are on an Anniversary Trip also and at OKW :) 2 days for you and 4 for us!! Today(April 17th) is our 31st Anniversary. We leave on Sunday for WDW!! Happy Anniversary!!

OK, So they said that OKW CHANGED my reservation because 1 of my reservations is NOT near the Hospitality House. BUT this last reservation(not near the HH) is AFTER we spend 2 nites at BCV and I am waitlisted for the HH for these last 3 nites. So this is NOT a continuous reservation that they changed. WHO are THEY to decide that I would rather have all the same reservations in the same area?? AFTER I specifically booked the HH for a reason. I JUST wanted to tell others CHECK your reservations!! The CM acted like they had done me a FAVOR!! I told her they have NO RIGHT to change my reservation without my consent. I also resented that BOTH the CM and the SUPERVISOR CM mentioned I had BOOKED online,making it seem that I had made the mistake!! The supervisor did have it changed back after a long wait on hold and I totally expressed my displeasure to her. She said I could say something when I checked in. Has anyone else had something like this happen to them?? Thanks for letting me VENT :thumbsup2 Joan

Contact the Member Satisfaction Team and let them know what was changed by the resort.

dvcmembersatisfactionteam@disneyvacationclub.com

JUST noticed that YOU are on an Anniversary Trip also and at OKW :) 2 days for you and 4 for us!! Today(April 17th) is our 31st Anniversary. We leave on Sunday for WDW!! Happy Anniversary!!

So does that mean we may get to meet another couple wearing anniversary buttons next week? See ya there! If you see a lady who walks like she's drunk all the time (walking kinda wobbly-wobbly), that's me-not drunk, just a bad back.

Well that's not going to help anything. The front desk CMs had nothing to do with anything.

First, the site is totally wonky and I still have a policy of not believing anything that shows up online right now. So I probably wouldn't have believed what they said they were seeing. You have email confirmations from booking that showed the HH designation? Print them out, get a fax number from DVC, fax them over.

Call back, talk to a different CM (don't bother keeping one CM on the phone if you're having problems, it helps no one), see what happened.

I'm sure you were calling to request a certain building, or certain type of building, to go with your BOOKED (not requested) HH reservation, but maybe the CM was confused.

I'd wait a bit then call back to get to the bottom of everything. If the IT department is messing with things behind the scenes, or one of the DVC departments (as they have done before in the past, thinking it would be changed and changed back immediately and never noticed), someone needs to know, because it might become a bigger problem later on.

Don't waste time resenting anything; they see what they see. Go to your email confirmations and fax them over if you wish.

The ODD thing was that I was on the DVC site last night because I still have an active waitlist I am monitoring and ALL my OKW reservations said Hospitality House (except one, and that is the waitlisted one) So today about 5pm I just called to have requests noted on my reservations and that was when the CM said to me you have a 1 bedroom + a studio+ a 1 bedroom and the dates. He is saying all my reservations and nothing about HH?? When he is done I say these are all near the HH (except one ) and he says NO. I was near my computer and pulled it up and I am seeing the same thing he is ,HH is just NOT on the reservation anymore. In my saved e-mail I had all the reservations from DVC and they all said HH on them (I rechecked this immediately) When I tell him this he puts me on hold to talk to a supervisor. I even think the supervisor telling me OKW CHANGED my reservation because they thought that NOT having that last reservation near the hospitality house I would want all my reservations NOT near the HH is pretty odd also. Considering that I am staying OKW near HH for 8 nites then moving to BCV for 2 nites then back to OKW NOT near the HH. I NEVER had my reservations tampered with before :confused: And I am so GLAD I checked because we get in late Sunday night and this would not have been MAGICAL when I was assigned a room NOT near the HH at that time. Joan

So does that mean we may get to meet another couple wearing anniversary buttons next week? See ya there! If you see a lady who walks like she's drunk all the time (walking kinda wobbly-wobbly), that's me-not drunk, just a bad back.

Hi, Not sure we will be wearing the Anniversary Buttons ?? (since our actual Anniversary is today) Although I MAY be walking around a LITTLE tipsy too. BUT mine will be from one too many DELICIOUS Disney cocktails :dance3:. It has been a LONG,COLD winter in New England. And I am ready for some relaxation,SUN and FUN :cool2:. Joan

Joan,
Good luck. Even if your reservation says HH for a booking category, it is still no sure thing. We recently got back from a mid April trip where our HH category took over 1 1/2 hours to straighten out and get at check-in, only to get a room in the HH Category which recently had been bug bombed with a bathroom that had more mold than a penicillin factory. All this with the staff insisting that the room we received had not been taken out of service for anything.
Just be careful around this site with OKW, there are some very strong opinions in regard to OKW and against anyone who points out an issue.

Best wishes and hope your stay and room are perfect. The OKW grounds themselves are possibly the nicest of all the DVCs, regretfully the room doesn't follow suit.

Joan,
Good luck. Even if your reservation says HH for a booking category, it is still no sure thing. We recently got back from a mid April trip where our HH category took over 1 1/2 hours to straighten out and get at check-in, only to get a room in the HH Category which recently had been bug bombed with a bathroom that had more mold than a penicillin factory. All this with the staff insisting that the room we received had not been taken out of service for anything.
Just be careful around this site with OKW, there are some very strong opinions in regard to OKW and against anyone who points out an issue.

Best wishes and hope your stay and room are perfect. The OKW grounds themselves are possibly the nicest of all the DVCs, regretfully the room doesn't follow suit.

Hi,Thank You for your input. We are checking in late in the day on Sunday so at this point I am just hoping for the best :) I am sure no one wants a "CRAZY lady" at the check-in desk at OKW :rolleyes1. It has been a LONG, anxiety filled week for us here in RI with so many family and friends in Boston. This vacation is a really NEEDED one!! Joan

I can add that this happened to me last year too! I had booked HH cat. and when I checked in they put me in a section that I KNEW was not HH. I told them, that area is not HH and they said I didn't book HH. I knew I had and showed them my confirmation. I asked for the manager who came out and said I had modified it, which I had not. Then the manager changed her story and said the section I was put in is NOW considered HH. This was news to me, so I came home and posted that info. Then I called MS who repeated it was not HH and they looked at my reservation and said someone at OKW had changed it the day we arrived. We arrived in the evening, so I guess they changed it during the day. I did send an email to the satisfaction team, and I got a call with an apology. I was pissed because I had booked it, and they changed it, then tried to blame it on me that I had changed it, then lied to me about the "NEW" section now listed as HH when it wasn't.

The resort has to have the ability to make changes, nothing can be truly guaranteed. However, they should be honest and up front about what happened and why.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter