Multiple reservation question

HomerHog

Mouseketeer
We have been DVC members for 10 years, have done split stays, had multiple rooms, etc. but have never been in this situation. We were able to piece together our entire week through single night reservations and waitlist right at the 11-month mark. As a result, we have 3 one-night reservations and a 5-night reservation. All are booked on our account with current UY points. No banking, borrowing, rentals, etc.
Is it possible to consolidate the 4 reservations into one or at least have them as continuing reservations so we don't have to check in and out?

If you call member services, they can consolidate them into a single reservation for you. We got an extra night for one of our reservations off the wait list last week and did this. It was a breeze.

Congrats on piecing together your full week!

Thanks for the quick response! That is the answer I was hoping for. I had read about some issues with trying to do this, but it seems that those were reservations from multiple sources - DVC, Disney Travel Co, 3rd party vendors.

If you don't want to call, you can email them from your member account. They will work the change and email you back when completed.

:earsboy: Bill

assuming your single night reservations are all at the same resort and same room type/view -- then yes, they can merge the reservation into one.

With that said, there are some advantages to having multiple reservations. For example, you'll get daily mousekeeping if that is something you like. Also -- you can order the dining plan on any of the days you want -- so you don't have to have it for all of the days. You could get the DDP+ plan every other night and that way you'd have 3 TS meals to use over two days (and a ton of extra refillable mugs!).

If you keep them separate, you can ask that they be marked as a continuing reservation and request that you don't have to move rooms. I've been told that in doing this, there is a possibility that you might have to move rooms -- but that is highly unlikely. most likely is you have to go talk to the concierge and just manually check-in and check-out.

Thanks for the feedback.

I had left the reservations separate to make it more flexible until we booked our flights. Flights are now booked for the full 9 days. Just starting to figure out meals to see if DDP, DDP+, or TIW is more beneficial. As you said, there could be a benefit in getting the DDP+ on days 1 and 3 before the 4-8 kicks in if that fits our plans for the beginning of the week.

I didn't mention the reservations are for AKV Club level, so the mousekeeping won't come into play.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!