Murphys are back home again! ~ Live from WDW & Universal 7/31-8/6 :)

TigrLvsPooh

Travel Channel's Ultimate Disney Fan
Live Trip Report!!!! :welcome:

WDW and Universal
July 31 - August 6, 2016

and
Happy Birthday Nicholas on August 2nd!!! :cake: (he'll be 17!!)

F19D6820-B200-4CAB-AE1D-5E4FC6344C82_zpsux7c9dra.jpg

A116A2A4-5A1B-48E4-80FD-0B40B19C0DFB_zpsg5f7lv9l.jpg

Hey everyone!!! :wave2: Welcome to another live report!! I'm so excited for this trip and I can't wait to share all my pics with you guys. I won't have my Mom with me this time so I'll be able to share more than I did on my last trip in June. So YAY!!! :flower1:
This will be my first time riding Frozen Ever After, which I'm super excited about, and also my first time for King Kong Skull Island at Universal! I love it when we have new things to do!!!

It will just be me and Nic, he's turning 17 on Tuesday!!! :bday: The "dream team" as he likes to call us. ;)

This trip will be EPIC because he and I have the same park touring style... fast and furious!!!! :hyper: We sleep late, we stay up all night, and we never make plans. We walk fast and we don't mind the heat. Give us roller coasters and thrills until we can't take it anymore!!! We have zero fastpasses and zero dining reservations. :rotfl: It's like driving your car when the needle is pointing to EMPTY... we don't know what is going to happen!!!

We are staying at the brand new Sapphire Falls and I'm hoping it is nice. The price sure couldn't be beat! We have a rental car so we'll be able to go back and forth to WDW easily. Thank goodness for annual passes and free parking!!!

I hope you guys are ready to be spammed with pics! If anyone has any questions about anything or wants a photo of something in particular just let me know. Thanks for coming along with us again!! :disrocks:

Sounds like a great trip Erika!!
Brace yourself for the heat. We just came home Monday and I don't normally mind the heat, but man was it brutal. Feel like temps of 105. This was definitely the hottest summer we experienced. We only went to the parks at night.
Have fun can't wait to read along.

So excited for another one of your trip reports. We arrive in 17 days, so will be following along! Looking forward to hearing your opinion of FEA - we have a FP+ for it. Love your reports and pictures!!!:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Sounds like a great trip Erika!!
Brace yourself for the heat. We just came home Monday and I don't normally mind the heat, but man was it brutal. Feel like temps of 105. This was definitely the hottest summer we experienced. We only went to the parks at night.
Have fun can't wait to read along.

It was really bad in June too. But this is going to be worse. We always go the week of Nic's birthday and it is always horrific. I still have nightmares about being at IOA two summers ago when it was 110 and my shoes felt like they were sticking to the pavement. But it will be good. We'll take breaks and swim. :D

So excited for another one of your trip reports. We arrive in 17 days, so will be following along! Looking forward to hearing your opinion of FEA - we have a FP+ for it. Love your reports and pictures!!!:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

We do not have a FP for it so the line might be terrible. But we will tough it out. Maybe they'll let me bring a frozen margarita or two along to stay cool while waiting. :cool2:

We do not have a FP for it so the line might be terrible. But we will tough it out. Maybe they'll let me bring a frozen margarita or two along to stay cool while waiting. :cool2:

:wave:
You are so winging it! Flying by the seat of your...shorts! Are you at least packed?:scratchin

Funny story: I HAD a FP for FEA for September until yesterday when I accidentally purged that day's FPs when trying to look for available FPs at another park:sad2::rotfl:. Not one single FEA FP available now for my 9-day stay, so I'm in the same boat, just more embarrassed.

No ADRs nor FPs??? Is this a first?

:wave:
You are so winging it! Flying by the seat of your...shorts! Are you at least packed?:scratchin

Funny story: I HAD a FP for FEA for September until yesterday when I accidentally purged that day's FPs when trying to look for available FPs at another park:sad2::rotfl:. Not one single FEA FP available now for my 9-day stay, so I'm in the same boat, just more embarrassed.

No ADRs nor FPs??? Is this a first?

I think this is the first time we haven't at least had some fastpasses. :crazy: Yes, I'm crazy. LOL But we really don't know where we'll be each day or what we'll feel like doing. So we will just wing it. It will be an adventure for sure!
I am finally packing... in the 11th hour as always! :tongue:

Made it to the airport! I'm so ready to go!!! :flower1:

That means you packed:thumbsup2

I've never been over to the dark side so I had to look up Sapphire Falls, that place is HUGE! Looking forward to your photos and don't get lost;). Do they provide a shuttle from MCO? I assume you're doing a rental so you can get over to WDW?

That means you packed:thumbsup2

I've never been over to the dark side so I had to look up Sapphire Falls, that place is HUGE! Looking forward to your photos and don't get lost;). Do they provide a shuttle from MCO? I assume you're doing a rental so you can get over to WDW?

I always rent a car now. Been doing that for several years. I like to be in control and I know all the back roads. Lol :)

We were winging it as well this past trip. I booked fp the day before and usually got everything I wanted except 7Dmt and frozen of course.
I did however score a frozen fp for one of the days. It was a total surprise!!! I was convinced I wasn't riding it this time around. So just keep trying you never know if someone will delete their's by mistake( sorry WDWKook) or just need to change their plans. Lol
And as for the weather, I know you're a pro and with breaking and swimming in between you'll be fine.
We've been in July and August a lot too but for some strange reason it felt worse this year. I must be getting old.

The DIS Unplugged just posted a video review of the new DRHUM CLUB KANTINE at the very resort Erika should be checking into any minute now!

SPOILER ALERT: They really liked it!

Yay!! Another live trip report! Can't wait to follow along and see all your amazing pictures! I thought the heat was miserable in June. We spent most our time in SAB . FEA just opened then but the waits were 5 hours . We are going back in a few weeks so I will be anxious to see what you do to handle the heat. I am a GA girl so if I have to deal with heat and humidity I would rather be a WDW!! Have an awesome trip!!

We were winging it as well this past trip. I booked fp the day before and usually got everything I wanted except 7Dmt and frozen of course.
I did however score a frozen fp for one of the days. It was a total surprise!!! I was convinced I wasn't riding it this time around. So just keep trying you never know if someone will delete their's by mistake( sorry WDWKook) or just need to change their plans. Lol
And as for the weather, I know you're a pro and with breaking and swimming in between you'll be fine.
We've been in July and August a lot too but for some strange reason it felt worse this year. I must be getting old.

So true, you never know when an elusive FP or ADR will pop up. Last night, I found one FEA FP. It's at night, which I'm not crazy about, but it's during the BC portion of my stay, so I grabbed it.

So true, you never know when an elusive FP or ADR will pop up. Last night, I found one FEA FP. It's at night, which I'm not crazy about, but it's during the BC portion of my stay, so I grabbed it.
Yes!! I also grab hard to get ADRs the day before when people need to cancel within the 24 hours. This is usually when I'm able to get my Ohana ADR.

I am still at the airport. Delayed four times. I can't even explain how I feel at this moment. :furious::furious::furious::furious::furious:

They gave us vouchers. But I don't even care. I'm just beyond frustrated.

I am still at the airport. Delayed four times. I can't even explain how I feel at this moment. :furious::furious::furious::furious::furious:

They gave us vouchers. But I don't even care. I'm just beyond frustrated.

So sorry your flight is delayed - repeatedly. Vouchers don't get you where you want to be nor do they get your vacation started. Any idea what the problem is?

So sorry your flight is delayed - repeatedly. Vouchers don't get you where you want to be nor do they get your vacation started. Any idea what the problem is?

"Maintenance issues" is what they've been telling us. I guess with the vouchers we'll start planning October for F&W.

I'm following!! Love your live reports! We will be checking in BC in a couple of weeks so these reports help me pass the time! Glad you finally made it! Airport delays are the worst, especially at the beginning of your trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!