Murphys are back home again! ~ Live from WDW & Universal 7/31-8/6 :)

Security lines, park or both?

All of the above!!! Security was horrendous. Gate even worse. Fastpass return lines insane. BTMRR fastpass entrance was OUT TO THE ENTRANCE!!! :faint:
But we did SDMT fastpass. And some shopping too.

4FA9ACF2-7378-426F-84CC-133BD722F132_zpsdorqkgfc.jpg

My priorities are always in line ;)

Great shopping finds! Is the MB battery good for a few years?

MK sounds as bad as Christmas. Out to the entrance??? I don't think I've ever seen it past SM. Is this the new normal or is something going on? Is this just at night? You've got me worried.

Great shopping finds! Is the MB battery good for a few years?

MK sounds as bad as Christmas. Out to the entrance??? I don't think I've ever seen it past SM. Is this the new normal or is something going on? Is this just at night? You've got me worried.

It was fine yesterday. I'm thinking it was because of the rain and storms we had this afternoon. People probably had open fastpasses to come back later due to lightning delay. That's my guess anyway.

You sure did and thank you!

:scared1:I don't think I could handle that. We've been at Christmas, but made a point of skipping MK on that day knowing it would look like that. If this is close to the new normal for September, I may be hiding in the resort and CL lounge. You've got a lot more patience than I do!

Now we are back at our hotel relaxing and really enjoying the Strong Water Tavern. Probably the best drink I've ever had.

66E5D9D6-E7F5-469F-9DE5-DD5FD4D1B029_zpsnf87mwks.jpg

It's all tapas style. These beef empanadas are AMAZING!!!!

21E9FEB3-A289-411E-9343-6AEF3B36A0EC_zpsp9fxbtfr.jpg

You sure did and thank you!

:scared1:I don't think I could handle that. We've been at Christmas, but made a point of skipping MK on that day knowing it would look like that. If this is close to the new normal for September, I may be hiding in the resort and CL lounge. You've got a lot more patience than I do!

Funny I've never had trouble on Christmas Day. But that's probably because we were at the GF last year and the WL the year before that. Such an easy boat ride over. And no being out on the roads.
Man I need to plan our Christmas trip.

Funny I've never had trouble on Christmas Day. But that's probably because we were at the GF last year and the WL the year before that. Such an easy boat ride over. And no being out on the roads.
Man I need to plan our Christmas trip.

The drink looks refreshing, what is it?

We never drive once we're at WDW, I feel like it takes away from the illusion of being fully immersed in a magical place. We just don't like park lines, even though we can just walk right over from CR or boat over from WL. The resorts actually feel less crowded during holidays, at least CL does, but those parks, oh, those crowded parks and now security lines, not a fan.

Where are you off to tomorrow?

The drink looks refreshing, what is it?

We never drive once we're at WDW, I feel like it takes away from the illusion of being fully immersed in a magical place. We just don't like park lines, even though we can just walk right over from CR or boat over from WL. The resorts actually feel less crowded during holidays, at least CL does, but those parks, oh, those crowded parks and now security lines, not a fan.

Where are you off to tomorrow?

It's called the Last Typhoon :) Sooooooooo good

55ADE3F9-5991-4095-B74D-DCBE951D39B6_zpswpt4maj1.jpg

I am addicted to driving now. I have zero patience for public transportation. Plus Nic and I have playlists for all our driving around. :) I know all the back roads and short cuts. I feel like a native. ;)

This chocolate bread pudding just rocked my world!!!!

74B3DD7D-653B-48CB-8651-B288AE09EDF0_zpsiqbcejpd.jpg

Tomorrow we are headed to Epcot. Fastpasses for Soarin, Mission Space, and Spaceship Earth, then dinner at Teppan Edo. :)

So glad to see another TR Erika, I totally forgot about your trip until I saw your message last night, now I'm all caught up. Looks like you all are having a great time and Nic had a great birthday. I just looked at touring plans crowd calendar and apparently everyone was at MK yesterday! They predicted a 6 and it was a 10! On the flip side AK was predicted as an 8 and was a 3, then HS was predicted as a 9 but was a 4! Hopefully, the crowds go somewhere else today and don't forget a poncho, I heard 80% chance of rain today on the radio. So if you take a poncho it probably won't rain:umbrella:

Erika ~

Hello from a fellow Hoosier. :wave:
I am enjoying your live report! We are heading to WDW in 9 days! Staying at the Poly!

Man, those lines at MK .... eeeeek! We have a PPO ADR at BOG on one our MK days so at least we'll be arriving before the masses. But that is also an EMM so we'll see how the morning goes. That is so awesome that you are getting some great FP+ while you are there!

Happy Birthday to Nic! My DD, Emily, turns 19 on August 22.

Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Debbie

Also, Nic looks SO grown up!!! Where did the time go :confused3
It's all about the memories and time shared together!
Life moves pretty fast..... (as Ferris Bueller said :-) )

Really enjoying your trip report!!! Happy Birthday to Nic!!! It looks like you guys are really enjoying your vacation. The hotel looks beautiful. Your pictures are, as always, amazing!!! We are heading down to Disney this week-end for an eight night stay. Just could not wait till Christmas. Our vacation style sounds very much like yours. We planned this trip about a month out. Made all resort reservations, dining reservations, and fast passes in 4 hours!! My husband really should just go into the Disney travel business because he did everything and got everything we wanted including dinner at BOG, lunch at BOG, soarin and Frozen fast passes. We always stay onsite but like you always rent a car. We hate relying on Disney transportation. We too know all the back roads and short cuts. We love being in control of where we are going and it's just so much easier to get to different resorts. Again, like you we are not early birds. Sleep in and stay out very late. Having annual passes is a huge help as we are always park hopping. We usually have the dining plan but this time we are getting TIW. Have not done this in a couple of years. We figure we'll use it again at Christmas. I know you have TIW also. It really is a great deal. I like how you can use it on "adult drinks". I have been known to have one or two during a trip. :) BTW that drink you had yesterday looks amazing!!

Again Happy Birthday to Nic :bday: Enjoy your vacation!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!