Must Eats!!

Our family's favorites are..
Matterhorn Macaroons at Jolly Holiday (this is my MUST HAVE)
Corn dogs at Stage Door Cafe (same as Little Red Wagon, but my kids prefer fries to chips as the side)
M&M caramel pretzel rods, white chocolate raspberry cookies, and triple chocolate brownies at Pooh Corner
Soup bread bowls at Pacific Wharf Cafe
Beignets from Jazz Kitchen Express (the Mickey ones are super cute, but these ones taste better, in our opinion, of course)
We used to love the nachos at White Water Snacks, but it looks like they changed since it has become the Craftsman's Grill (?)

Ronto Wrap in SWGE
Dark Chocolate Covered Pineapple Spear -- these are juicy, so have napkins on hand!
Cauliflower Steak Sandwich at Red Rose Taverne -- ask for the spicy aioli on the side, mix with ketchup to make a fry sauce
Safari Skewers at Bengal BBQ
Potato Skins at Lamplight Lounge
"Those Biscuits" and the lunchtime burger at CCR
Popcorn -- so good at DL!
Beignets at Jazz Kitchen Express
Ice Cream at Salt & Straw -- they are generous with samples, so try as many flavors as you'd like!
Dark Chocolate Hot Fudge Sundae at Ghirardelli's in DCA
And the list goes on...

For me my must dos (which have already been said but this is a good reminder for me for my upcoming trip)

Toffee both the original and the churro kinds found at most all the candy shops
Plaza Inn for the fried chicken
Ronto Roasters for a Ronto Wrap
Mint Julep bar for the Disneyland mint julep and beignets
Flo's for the french toast at breakfast
Dole Whip float from the Tiki juice bar

Oh boy, I was able to ignore this thread till now...

but I had to peek now...
I shouldn’t have. now I desperately want to eat pretty much everything mentioned here...

there really are to many must eats for one trip (at least for me...) I never manage to eat them all. But I confess I didn’t properly prepare a list so that might be a reason...

so my must eats(those I can think of right now...):
-Tigger tails (I liked the previous version but the current one is awesome. I think I had about 6 on my last 5 day trip and I didn’t go there every day)
- soup in a sourdough bread bowl! I love them and soo filling my favorite is probably Brokkoli and cheese... I also liked the Mac and cheese one but that was quite a lot of food)
- Corndogs (a new favorite I discovered on my second last trip )
- beignets!! ( discovery just on my last trip thanks to this board... I love them! How could I have not eaten them all those trips prior...)
- Dole whip
- popcorn (I started collecting buckets on my second last trip...)
- churros

on my last 2 trips I tried out new stuff (the favorites from threads like this one...) and so far they were always great but there are still so many DIS-board favorites I haven’t tried yet. So for my next trip I’ll probably spend more time planning what food and which snacks I’ll eat during the day than for rides...

The poutine at the Red Rose Cafe is definitely a favorite. Also the lobster nachos!! At lamplight lounge in DLC. Seriously, I mostly solo trip SoCal Disney but they are so good I’m willing to humiliate myself with a gigantic meal for one, just to have them.

They have it everywhere they sell candy in cases:

Main street Confectionery
Pooh Corner
Marceline's Confectionery
Trolley Treats
Bing Bongs Sweet Shop

These are not carts, but shops
Ah, I know what your talking about now. I saw them making it once and I wondered what it was. Thanks!

My must eats are

Ronto Wrap
Ralph Brennan's Beignets
Raspberry/Pineapple swirl Dole whip (Tropical Hideaway)
Potato "skins" and Piggy Wings at Lamplight Lounge
Whatever the seasonal bread pudding is a Pacific Wharf Cafe
Steak gumbo in bread bowl from New Orleans Square
Plaza Inn Fried Chicken meal
Pot Roast at Docking Bay 7
Pork belly skewer and Bacon wrapped asparagus skewer at Bengal BBQ
Fried pickles and chocolate malts at Carnation Cafe
Baked Brioche french toast with banana caramel sauce at Flo's V8 Cafe
Cheddar Cheese stick at Corn Dog Castle
Beer cheese film strip fries from Award Weiners
The lemon dole whip/blue raspberry slush parfait at Adorable Snowman treats

Grilled cheese sandwich/Tomato soup combo from the Jolly Holiday Bakery

any cocktail from Trader Sams (and apps!)

mickey pancakes from red rose tavern

shrimp n grits from Ralph Brennan’s jazz kitchen

just to name a few...

We ate at Rontos during the opening SWGE when you couldn't leave the area once you were in. DH and I thought it sounded pretty good compared to the other food. Normally, my first choice would not be a hot dog. But these are yummy. I do not remember being put off from the price. Eating in the parks is expensive. I would eat there again if we were in that area

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!