MVMCP tkt

Minnie&Nana

Dreams do come true!
Just wonderin'

I saw a MVMCP tkt on an allearsnet link:

http://allearsnet.com/tp/h_tik_mc.jpg

Mine arrived the other day and I was sooo disappointed!! It's a plastic card with Minnie on it, but nothing Christmasy at all. On the back it says "Mickey's Very merry Christmas Party December 9".

Have the cards changed since the allears photo or are those the cards you get if you buy it once you arrive?

Thanks!
:sunny:

We got 4 tickets last year and they were just regular plastic/magnetic strip tickets with pictures of the characters on the front. Nothing Christmassy. If you look closely, that ticket looks to be from 1995....probably before magnetic strip tickets were being used.

It'll still be fun, and I managed to get lots of MVMCP stuff for my scrapbook once I got there.

Yes, I realized after I posted that the tkt was from 1995 and then it dawned on me..still, wonder why they do not at least put Minnie in a santa hat or something - she is in red!

Thanks much for posting!

They probably print all the different types of tickets off the same printer, so it wouldn't make sense to have to keep switching the stock. I usually buy mine at the resort when we arrive, they put them on the same cards as the room keys.

Originally posted by DebbieB
They probably print all the different types of tickets off the same printer, so it wouldn't make sense to have to keep switching the stock. I usually buy mine at the resort when we arrive, they put them on the same cards as the room keys.

I know they put usual park tkts on the room keys, but the MVMCP requires a special tkt - I understood that could not be put on the room key, but maybe the CM was wrong?

Thanks.

Originally posted by BaciBecky
I know they put usual park tkts on the room keys, but the MVMCP requires a special tkt - I understood that could not be put on the room key, but maybe the CM was wrong?

Thanks.

They put them on the same plastic cards as they use for keys, but not on the room key itself. In other words, the printer that prints out the room keys on the plastic cards also prints out the tickets you buy at the front desk. Last year it was the Tinkerbell plastic card.

Originally posted by DebbieB
They put them on the same plastic cards as they use for keys, but not on the room key itself. In other words, the printer that prints out the room keys on the plastic cards also prints out the tickets you buy at the front desk. Last year it was the Tinkerbell plastic card.

Ahhh, I understand. This one is also a plastic card - with Minnie. I would not want to take a chance of buying the MVMCP tkt once I arrived since I want it for Mousefest night.

Thanks! Glad I went ahead and purchsed it in advance:)

Originally posted by Roseann67
Do you actually get 'keys' for you room or is it like a swipe card entry?

Not a dumb question if you've never been there!!

Looks like a credit card with a swipe - never know which character will be on the card. This yr I had Tink, other years other characters :)

If you do not want to use the card for charging to your room you can have it set up that way.

Hope you have a great time!!!

Christine:wave2:

Hi Christine,
How are you? What sorts of things can you get charged to your room? Do you just pay the outstanding balance on check out? Do you get to keep the cards? I heard you can buy souvenir's and get them sent to your room?

Roseann
Not long now!

Hi, Roseann!!

You can use your room card for charging at the parks and resorts etc. You are set up with an account limit amount and this is paid for with whatever credit card you choose - or if you pay with cash at check-out.

When you check-in they will swipe a cardit card to establish credit - your room balance will be due at check-in. And yes, the cards are yours to keep - they end on the day of check-in. We have cards we've saved for years as souvenirs of each Disney trip :)

It's fun to save the key cards!

Christine

keep in touch :):wave2:

I'm sorry to hijack but this reminded me of a question I wanted to ask. I see people are getting their MVMCP tickets in the mail. When I booked our room at Pop, they asked if we needed any additional tickets and they booked us for MVMCP on Dec. 7th. I was expecting to receive the tickets in the mail, but they have not arrived and it's been like a month since we booked. Do you not get the tickets mailed if you book through the resort? Will we just pick them up at check-in or at the TTC? Thanks:)

Angela, did they ask for a credit card to bill the tkts?

I would call CRO and ask - it took mine almost 2 weeks. I called about 10 days in becasue it seemed a little long.

Also, they gave me a confirmation # for the MVMCP tkt.

Definitely call to see what's up - imaybe they hold them at check-in for you. No one asked me when I booked my reservation...wonder why? Maybe it was too far out being last month? I called a seperate number to order the MVMCP tkt.

Interesting...I'd like to know what you find out for duture reference, pelase?

Thanks!
Christine

They gave me a confirmation number but I don't remember if they asked for the CC number again because they already had it for the room reservation. In fact, I'm quite sure they didnt ask again. Now that I think about it I don't think they even asked for our credit card info again because we had just been there and were using the same card so they just used the number they already had in their system. I'm going to have to call tomorrow because it has been nearly a month now and I would hate to find out the ticket order didn't go through! We already received the resort confirmation in the mail, and that little packet they send you with park maps and recommendations specific to your family. Hmmmm...

Angela, I ordered mine through the resort and they were mailed to me within a couple of days. You should definitely check on it.

Christine, are you going on the 9th? Our flight isn't coming in until late, so we're going on the 12th. I thought about the Friday night, but figured it would be more crowded than a Sunday. Are you doing the Mega Mousemeet at the Swan? I think DS and I are going to walk over while DH and DD take a swim and an afternoon break. We have a PS at Mama Melrose's at 4:00, so the timing might just be perfect. It would be great to meet you.

Tammi

Angela, definitely check, becasue I once asked if they kept a cc on file and they said no! You want to be sure your deposit is paid and you have a seperate confirmation for MVMCP tkt!

Keep us posted!

Hi, Tammi!

Yes, I am going on the 9th to mousefest - so sorry I'll miss you there! Am thinking about wandering over to the mega meet, but cannot decide. You'll be there thru Monday, right? Maybe we can find time to be in the same place at the same time! I'll pm my cell phone number - would be great to meet you!

Another MVMCP night is not out of the question - will decide after I go on the 9th. I am sooo excited to be going now...the 9th is a very special memory day for me and 12th too :)

Let's keep in touch, okay?
Christine

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter