My 1 day DDP experience

AndreaDM

<font color=red>Yeah...we mainly colored that day<
Just got back from a quick trip with DD15, one night at All Star Movies, then 2 nights at Sports. Added the DDP for the one night at Movies. We shared a QS meal at Polite Pig Friday night, TS at Coral Reef Saturday night, used snack credits (and one QS converted to snack credits) at F&W during the day on Saturday and got our (Halloween) mugs. Total costs had we paid OOP would have been over $226, the DDP cost $150.98 for 2. So, yes for that trip it was worth it and we got to use the mugs when we switched over to Sports. Now, would it have cost the same had we paid OOP? Probably not because we did order expensive entrees and drinks to get the value and it was fun to splurge at those meals, probably would not have purchased the refillable mugs either as we drank mostly water with the heat. My glass of wine at CR was listed at $14, I think I can get a bottle of that for about $12 lol so that definitely raised the "value". Just wanted to share for anyone thinking of doing this.

Thanks for the review. I think it is fun to splurge at some meals and then be "good" for the rest of the trip. It is one of the advantages of a split stay.

This is my plan for an October split stay. I’m really looking forward to it. The Halloween mugs will be a nice souvenir and I never usually order alcohol. Looking forward to a couple of fun drinks!

Usually the whole dining plan things gets a lot of discussion on here. Good to know the actual costs from someone who can provide the comparison. Since alcohol is now included, seems that helps the 'breakeven' point of this program.

I'm trying to get a reservation for one night before my already planned trip and if we are able to do that I want to add the dining plan for that one night. It will be me, dh, dd6. I had gastric bypass in July so dining plan is a waste for me but dh can use my credits. I know they expire midnight of checkout day, but isn't the cup still usable for 14 days? If so that would more than cover our additional nights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!