My Chihuahua Had a Leftover Baby Tooth Extracted

Hope recovery is okay, and yeah vet bills are nothing to laugh about.

Don’t you guys get pet insurance in the US? Thankfully we have it for our dog, although the insurance alone costs a chunk!

Funny just this week my 30 lb terrier mix thought it would be a good thing to attack our 100 lb golden retriever (she always came away in better shape than him before) and not sure how but one of her canine teeth was messed up. It was sticking out at an angle pushing her lip out. Anyway had to get it extracted. Kind of hard to pay $1100.00 bucks for a $135 dollar dog. :sad1:

Funny just this week my 30 lb terrier mix thought it would be a good thing to attack our 100 lb golden retriever (she always came away in better shape than him before) and not sure how but one of her canine teeth was messed up. It was sticking out at an angle pushing her lip out. Anyway had to get it extracted. Kind of hard to pay $1100.00 bucks for a $135 dollar dog. :sad1:
It was $1100 to extract one tooth??

It was $1100 to extract one tooth??

Yep like I said it was her large fang. Had to have x-rays done to make sure nothing was done to the jaw and she had to be put under anesthesia for them to take it out. And that did include pain meds that they gave her when we took her in and when we left.

Ouch. Our cat had 2 teeth extracted and even with anesthesia it was under $200.

Yep like I said it was her large fang. Had to have x-rays done to make sure nothing was done to the jaw and she had to be put under anesthesia for them to take it out. And that did include pain meds that they gave her when we took her in and when we left.
Wow! That’s crazy! My vet is one of the most expensive in my area (but best quality, that’s why we go there), but even they would have been like 1/2 that! So she did it to herself?? The Golden didn’t even do it to her?! I have a golden & a little dog too & of course the little dog is the more aggressive!

Dogs are family you can’t look at it as a 135 dollar dog.

That just excessive. My dog has bad teeth, its genetic. Her last cleaning with 2 extractions was $400. That included pre-surgery blood work anesthesia and pain meds.

Try paying $2500 for knee surgery on a free cat. Yeah, we did that.

That just excessive. My dog has bad teeth, its genetic. Her last cleaning with 2 extractions was $400. That included pre-surgery blood work anesthesia and pain meds.
It just depends where she lives. That sounds on par with what I'd expect to pay. My cats' dentals have always run about 2k when they include pre-op bloodwork and 2-3 extractions or crownectomies. $1100 for one tooth on an emergency basis...yeah, that sounds about right.

Don’t you guys get pet insurance in the US? Thankfully we have it for our dog, although the insurance alone costs a chunk!
They don't cover things like luxating patella surgery (pre-existing consition) or routine denal cleanings which are the main reasons I would want it, so not worth it.

"My Chihuahua Had a Leftover Baby Tooth Extracted"

I think the technical term is puppy tooth...

I can't even type what I have spent on canine dental work/extractions in the last few years. Lets just say we could have gone on one heck of a luxury vacation once or twice.

They don't cover things like luxating patella surgery (pre-existing consition) or routine denal cleanings which are the main reasons I would want it, so not worth it.
Yeah that’s why I haven’t ever gotten any. There are too many things they aren’t covered & the policies aren’t cheap.

I can't even type what I have spent on canine dental work/extractions in the last few years. Lets just say we could have gone on one heck of a luxury vacation once or twice.
Same here & all other veterinary care over the years!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter