My Child Gets Sick Every Time We Visit Disney....

My allergist has also suggested staying in a camper at Fort Wilderness. If you drive, maybe you could rent one. The thinking is you control the environment. We haven’t tried it ourselves.

Interesting you bring this up. We bought a camper last year, and our illnesses during and after vacation were a major contributing factor. So far, it has helped me and the kids, but dh seems to get sick regardless. On two of our trips (and it doesn't really matter where), he was sick before we left, so I can't really blame vacation.
We find it helps to have our own camper. I have the mattresses encased with allergy casings; same with pillows. There is no carpet in our camper. And it's cleaners and detergents we can tolerate.

I'm curious to see how we will do at Disney this summer. Hoping it helps.

We tried a protocol of Zyrtec & inhalers beginning 1 week prior to Disney. I was hopeful but it did not help. I travel with an arsenal of inhalers, antihistamines, pillows & blankets, air purifier and ALWAYS prednisone. I’m so relieved that we can now drive to WDW. We’d never be able to pack all that & get on a plane
This is scary for me. My daughter has asthma and has to take Qvar twice a day. I can always tell she's getting sick by a simply cough. I'm hoping we don't experience anything in June.

My son is allergic to many environmental things although he is not asthmatic. He takes Zyrtec nightly. When he was 3 he had ear tubes put in and his adenoids removed. During the surgery his allergist did the pin prick test on his thighs while he was knocked out. It came back with many allergies.

We were told to use an air purifier, put allergen covers on his pillows and mattres and wipe the pillows down each night with a damp cloth, change his pillowcase every night and wash & dry all of this bedding on hot/high once per week in unscented detergent &no drier sheets.

I also HIGHLY recommended nose rinsing several times a day. My son has been doing this since he was 5 or 6. We use the nasopure system (similar to a Neti pot, but easier for a child IMO.) It’s just a simple salt solution and Highly effective. After my sons ear tubes fell out he started getting infections again and I was afraid he was going to need another surgery. We started doing the nose rinsing and even though it didn’t prevent the infections totally, the severity went way down. It also helped with just getting the allergens out of the nose in the morning and evening or whenever he had been outside for a long period of time. You can buy this product on amazon.

I no longer swim at Disney or any hotel. We did have a pool which was fine, but they have so much chlorine that I can no longer tolerate it without ending up with an asthma attack. Even sitting by the pool/hot tub flares it up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!