My December / holiday trip wish list - I am missing anything?

caribbeandream

DIS Veteran
Staying at POR-FQ. Skipping AK this trip. Want to do every holiday event possible. Am I missing anything?

Disney Food Blog’s Holiday Cupcake Challenge

MAGIC KINGDOM
· Jingle Cruise
· Jack Skellington & Haunted Mansion
· holiday treats / shopping on Main Street
· MVMCP (Castle Lighting / Stage Show / Parade / Fireworks)

EPCOT
· Chip & Dale’s Christmas Tree Spree
· Holidays (and snacking/drinking) Around the World
· CP Dining Package @ Biergarten & CP
· Illuminations

DISNEY HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS
· Minnie’s Holiday Dine @ H&V (Santa Goofy, Minnie/Mickey/Donald/Daisy in holiday attire)
· Sunset Season’s Greetings
· Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!

DISNEY SPRINGS
· Christmas Tree Trail
· Stitch’s Holiday Gift Hunt
· Coca Cola Polar Bear / photos with Santa
· 6:00 pm tree lighting ceremony & entertainment
· Seasonal treats

RESORT HOPPING
· WL (sleigh ride) / CR / GF (gingerbread house) / Poly
· BC / BWI / YC
· Gingerbread Beignets @ POR-FQ

Staying at POR-FQ. Skipping AK this trip. Want to do every holiday event possible. Am I missing anything?

MAGIC KINGDOM
· Jingle Cruise

EPCOT
· Illuminations

DISNEY HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS
· Minnie’s Holiday Dine @ H&V (Santa Goofy, Minnie/Mickey/Donald/Daisy in holiday attire)

DISNEY SPRINGS
· Christmas Tree Trail
· Seasonal treats

RESORT HOPPING
· BC / BWI / YC
Jack Skellington is only out for MVMCP as Sandy Claws. Haunted Mansion does not have a holiday update.

The tree at Animal Kingdom Lodge is beautiful if you want to head out that way.

Jack Skellington is only out for MVMCP as Sandy Claws. Haunted Mansion does not have a holiday update. The tree at Animal Kingdom Lodge is beautiful if you want to head out that way.

A little bummed about Haunted Mansion not having a holiday overlay. They do it at DL and we love it! But I am looking forward to my Sandy Claws photo op during MVMCP. As for AK, we were just at WDW in January and will most probably be back either March or May 2019 so we are good skipping this time.

At H&V are the characters out in holiday outfits for breakfast, lunch and dinner? Or is it just dinner?

Great list BTW, adding some to mine!

At H&V are the characters out in holiday outfits for breakfast, lunch and dinner? Or is it just dinner? Great list BTW, adding some to mine!

Hello there fellow Texan! Here's what the WDW site says about Minnie's Holiday Dine:

Mingle with Minnie and her friends at delightful dining parties throughout the year. You’re invited! Meet Minnie and some of her famous pals for lunch and dinner celebrations serving up seasonal deliciousness. Guests can pose for pics with popular Disney Characters, say “hi” to those stopping by and engage in table activities geared to the theme. Plus, the party gifts make great souvenirs! Minnie’s Seasonal Dining events cost $50 per adult and $30 per child, plus tax and gratuity. Some dining plans accepted.

Holiday Dine
November 9, 2018 - January 6, 2019
Deck the halls at a dazzling dinner party filled with holiday cheer and the joy of the season!

From what I have seen on blogs it's Santa Goofy and Mickey/Minnie/Donald/Daisy in holiday attire. Hollywood & Vine for breakfast has Disney, Jr. characters.

Hello there fellow Texan! Here's what the WDW site says about Minnie's Holiday Dine:

Mingle with Minnie and her friends at delightful dining parties throughout the year. You’re invited! Meet Minnie and some of her famous pals for lunch and dinner celebrations serving up seasonal deliciousness. Guests can pose for pics with popular Disney Characters, say “hi” to those stopping by and engage in table activities geared to the theme. Plus, the party gifts make great souvenirs! Minnie’s Seasonal Dining events cost $50 per adult and $30 per child, plus tax and gratuity. Some dining plans accepted.

Holiday Dine
November 9, 2018 - January 6, 2019
Deck the halls at a dazzling dinner party filled with holiday cheer and the joy of the season!

From what I have seen on blogs it's Santa Goofy and Mickey/Minnie/Donald/Daisy in holiday attire. Hollywood & Vine for breakfast has Disney, Jr. characters.

Awesome! Thank you so much, I hope the food isn't as bad as they say it is.

If you have time, consider resort hopping. They are decorated very nicely inside and each has its own gingerbread house. The one at Yacht and Beach and Grand Floridian are usually amazing.

Awesome! Thank you so much, I hope the food isn't as bad as they say it is.

I read a few reviews online from 2017. It looks like they have improved although it's still not Boma or Tusker House. I'm sure it's not a meal worth $50 but it's my one and only character meal on this trip and I'm going to splurge!

Just a quick FYI on your list. The Sleigh rides are at Fort Wilderness and not the Wilderness lodge.

Gingerbread houses are at GF, Contemporary and sometimes EPCOT, with the Carousel at Beach Club and a Gingerbread display at Boardwalk.

There are also 2 tours offered, the Yuletide Fantasy and Holiday D-Lites. If interested check for availability/dates.

Pick some of the Holiday Storytellers you want to see. I would suggest, UK and France. They have changed so many of them over the years, it is hard to know what is worth seeing. Not to worry, there will be plenty of suggestions by others.

When we did H&V a couple of years ago, we thought the food was pretty good with the Lobster mac&cheese and the apricot stuffed pork roast being very good. The desserts were really beautiful and very tasty. We are going back this year.

At Port Orleans Riverside, different teams of hotel staff make creative gingerbread house scenes that are displayed in the lobby. Dining is obviously the most elaborate but it's kind of fun to see the different themes activities, mousekeeping, bell services etc. come up with.

We've eaten at Minnie's Holiday Dine twice now and loved it. Lots of holiday classics like turkey, ham stuffing, green bean casserole etc. and holiday dessert flavors (e.g., eggnog, peppermint, pumpkin). They also had some non-holiday offerings like buffalo-style roast chicken and salmon. As another poster mentioned, the seafood mac & cheese was very good.

I see Main Street on your list, but make sure you do it at night. The lighting is truly magical. While I love Main Street during the day, it's extra special after dark.

Just a quick FYI on your list. The Sleigh rides are at Fort Wilderness and not the Wilderness lodge.

Thank you for catching that! I will correct my list.

Pick some of the Holiday Storytellers you want to see. I would suggest, UK and France. They have changed so many of them over the years, it is hard to know what is worth seeing. Not to worry, there will be plenty of suggestions by others.

I am *only* doing WS on my EPCOT day and will skip the Frozen ride (BTDT). Will I not have enough time to do all the storytellers?

When we did H&V a couple of years ago, we thought the food was pretty good with the Lobster mac&cheese and the apricot stuffed pork roast being very good. The desserts were really beautiful and very tasty. We are going back this year.

That lobster mac&cheese does look good!

At Port Orleans Riverside, different teams of hotel staff make creative gingerbread house scenes that are displayed in the lobby. Dining is obviously the most elaborate but it's kind of fun to see the different themes activities, mousekeeping, bell services etc. come up with.

I was originally not crazy about staying at the POR but the more I hear about the two resorts the more I think it's just an undiscovered gem.

I see Main Street on your list, but make sure you do it at night. The lighting is truly magical. While I love Main Street during the day, it's extra special after dark.

I LOVE Main Street! It's my favorite thing not just in the Magic Kingdom but in all of WDW. When everyone else is trying to shove their way out of the park after the fireworks you will find me lingering and just taking it all in.

Last edited:

MAGIC KINGDOM
· Jingle Cruise

EPCOT
· Illuminations

DISNEY HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS

DISNEY SPRINGS
· Christmas Tree Trail
· Seasonal treats

RESORT HOPPING
· BC / BWI / YC
Photo op with Christmas Minnie & Mickey in front of the tree at Grand Floridian.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter