My Family Is Stuck-In-A-Rut... What are YOUR favorite WDW Restaurants and why??

If you are feeling adverntures try the Marekesh restaurtant in Morrocca in Epcot. They food is really good (they have a kids menus of "normal" food) and they have a music and a belly dancer. My 4yr old twins fell in love with the dancer(especially my son) and she let them come out on the floor and dance with her:earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl:

For sit-down, our family (including kids) love 50's PTC (it's closed while we're there, so we're trying Sci Fi for the first time), Marrakesh, O'Hana's and I would suggest Spoodles. Their flatbreads are awesome. Good tapas in a casual environment.

For counter service, we love Tusker House in AK, and the Tangerine Cafe in Epcot, as well as the Mexican counter service.

This time I'm vowing to try Columbia Harbor House and the Japanese counterservice, as well as Boma and Crystal Palace for dinner.

We love Boma for dinner. Wonderful, unusual food, nice atmosphere, great dessert. We went for breakfast this last trip and enjoyed that, too.

We always go to 50's Prime Time Cafe. Good food and a fun place.

We've also gone to Artist Point and California Grill on past trips and enjoyed them.

This next trip I plan to try Whispering Canyon for lunch and Fresh for breakfast.

T&B

Oh, yeah, last trip we tried Spoodles and really enjoyed that!

T&B

Thanks to everyone for such wonderful suggestions!! I have printed out this thread and placed it in our trip planning file for WDW! Wonderful commentary from nice people so generous to take time to answer! Thank you, thank you, and thank you again!!

:wave2:

Originally posted by babynurse31
My husband and I loved Ohana's on our 'adults only' trip. Does anyone know what alternative kids selections are available? I have one very picky child, but I know she would love the atmosphere!!!

I have not been there personally...but I have read on previous threads that kids can order anything off of the Kona menu. Some say they were charged the Kona price, others have indicated that they were charged the price of the Ohana meal. I have a VERY picker eater and I don't care what they charge me as long as he can have chicken fingers!!

Mama melrose @ MGM. It is a chance to sit down, eat and relax for an hour and then hit the park again. Great salad, pasta or veal. kids liked the menu. good atmosphere. Enjoy!

Del

We LOVE Ohana's and Boma. Both are great places to eat! Here is what we did - make a list or print one off of every resturant on property and then cross off the ones you have been to. Then you have a nice list to go through and try new places!

~Amanda

Im going with marrakesh...simply for the lamb

We went to disney on our honeymoon in 95 and didnt go back till just last year (we are currently planning to go again this year)....anyway, I swear I thought of that lamb at least once a week between the time I had it in 95 and this pasts summer....my wife has even mentioned going there twice this year, but there are too many places I still want to try

LOVED the california grill

LOVED o'hanas....and my son is somewhat picky, but he ate there...there is plenty of appetizers and shrimp, beef, chicken...he was bound to eat one of those meats

the other hightlight meal of our last trip was Breakfastasaurus....lots of fun and I thought the food was great

We try not to get in a rut also, but I try not to deter from a good thing. Dh is the one who loves to try different places and the ones that he's dragged me kicking and screaming I'd loved. The Tangerine Cafe, Crystal Palace, Garden Grill, Spoodles, and the Rainforest Cafe at Animal Kingdom.

Funny, we're the same way. We always go to the same restaurants.
The last couple trips I've been really determined for us to try out new things.
Course, hubby whined at Portobello's. As soon as we sat down he asked me - And why are we eating here instead of at Fulton's?
Well, cause we've eaten at Fulton's a million times...

It is really hard with the kids, cause I try to make PSs at places I know they'll like so we always end up at Chef Mickey's, Sci-Fi, etc.

I'll echo the Boma suggestion. Its a beautiful resort and worth a few hours to stroll around and the bonus is the food at Boma is awesome.

california grill - great food

flying fish - great food

beaches & cream - good food

rainforest cafe - terrible food - great atmosphere

1900 park fare breakfast buffet - ok food - good charachters

turkey leg vendors - good and cheap

espn club - to watch sports and have a beer and snack

off site - bahama breeze - great food and atmosphere - real cheap after eating at disney a few days.

These are my favorites and if hubby would go for it I would eat at these every trip:
-Sci Fi Dine In (like the food, love the atmosphere)
-Crystal Palace (the best french toast)
-Cape May Cafe (yummy dinner choices - great mashed potatoes)
-Garden Grill (love the food and the revolving restaurant)
-Boma (for breakfast only - I did not like dinner)
-1900 Park Fare (liked both breakfast and dinner - great choices at both)

Dh likes to try different places, so every other night is a new restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter