My first upgrade!

k_hase

Mouseketeer
I booked two nights at Saratoga and waitlisted AKV a few months ago (I think I shared this on the waitlist stalking thread). My wait list came through at 90 days, so a standard view studio.

while driving here we were able to see that our room was ready and could be unlocked with the phone. It appeared I’d get the standard that is actually savanna view.

and then we opened the door to a one-bedroom savanna view!! What?!

Magic happens! We always love our infrequent room upgrades, but have been trilled with even the less than perfect views.

Wonderful! Just be sure you keep an eye on your account. There have been stories where front desk people did things when the upgrade happened and it needed to be straightened out!

There are some Standard View units that are over the People Pen. It's always a treat to get one of those :)

Enjoy!

Never ever had an upgrade in 10+ stays. Someday!
It is a lot easier to upgrade a 2 night stay than a longer stay.
Short stays always have a better chance of upgrade when rooms need to be taken out of service or something.
I have never been upgraded in 13 years DVC ownership, and going to WDW annually since 1995, but I booked what I wanted, or could afford, or could get, and have been happy.

OP, congrats, and have a great trip.

I've only been updated once, on a cash stay at BWV (std studio --> 1br p/g), that ended up being the gateway drug to DVC...
Ours was a BW view studio upgraded to Village Green (P/G) 1 bedroom, for a 13 day stay.
We wound up adding 2 more BWV contracts (over 450 total), doubling our BWV points.
I expect that we'll be in some serious trouble if they ever upgrade us to a Grand Villa.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter