My Friends Need A Suite w/3 beds Can anyone help??

tink2dw

Pixie Dust or Bust!!
The cast of vacationers are Dd 15,Ds 13, Dh and Dw. They are trying to stay on budget. So cheaper is better! But with a crew of teens and parents some room to turn around is needed. They need a suite.

Any Ideas??

Three bedrooms on a budget will be rough. Might want to try an off site rental property. On site, your definitely into high budget. If they can do it, might want to check out Fort Wilderness. Only one bedroom but one of the kids could stay in the bedroom (one double bed with bunk beds) with the parents and the other could stay in the living on the murphy bed or couch. Good luch.

I haven't stayed there, but Vistana Villages has gotten great reviews on this site. A two bedroom villa can be booked for $119.90 per night at http://hotelkingdom.com.

Here's the description of the accomodations:

Two-Bedroom Villa: Each luxurious Two-Bedroom Villa boasts a master bedroom with one King size bed and a private bath with a whirlpool bathtub and a second bedroom with two Full size beds and another private bath. Two-Bedroom Villas also offer a separate living room with one Queen size sleeper sofa and an entertainment center with a remote controlled color cable TV with HBO 1, 2, and 3, ESPN, CNN, and a VCR. Guests enjoy a direct dial dataport phone with voicemail, AM/FM alarm clock radio, hair dryer, iron, ironing board, in-room safe, washer, dryer and a private balcony with table and chairs. Each Two-Bedroom Villa has a fully equipped kitchen complete with range, oven, full size refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, coffee/tea maker, toaster, blender, cooking and eating utensils.

It's located on the south end of International Drive. So they'd be conveniently located between Disney & Universal.

I assume you mean 3 beds as opposed to 3 bedrooms(?) If so, another place to try would be Homewood Suites. We stayed there in 1998 and were pleased with the roominess. The bedroom has 2 double beds and the living room has a pull out double sofa bed. The bedroom is a separate room - there is a full kitchen as well. Also CDisney has given you a great tip with the Vistana site as well. We stayed there in 1999 in a 2 BR villa. There were 7 of us (2 families) and we had plenty of room (more than Homewood Suites). $119 a night is a great rate too.

They might try getting adjoining rooms at the All Stars. It isn't cheap but at WL some of the rooms have bunk beds too. Our friends also had a "cabin" at Fort Wilderness and there were bunk beds in it plus a murphy bed in the living room.

Believe it or not, we have been finding that the Vacation Club resorts may
be the best bet for suites/villas. Depending on the time period, you may
"rent" DVC points enough to get a 2 bedroom at OKW or BWV (120 points
at $10 per point) -- check the DVC board for more info. This would give
you one bedroom with a king size
bed and private two-person whirlpool, another bedroom with 2 queen size
beds, and a pull-out in the living room, plus a full kitchen with dishwasher
and the whole bit! We found that this would be less than getting 2 rooms
at a moderate (unless you're good at finding codes, etc.) and felt it would
be much more comfortable (and quieter) than a value resort (we really
don't want to go there).

I figure you can probably save quite a bit
on restaurant prices by grabbing a quick breakfast in the room most
days. Besides, our bunch will probably have times where all they really
want is a cheap pizza, and there we'll be able to do it!

It may not be the way to go for everybody, but I think it will work for
us. Good luck to your "gang.":pinkbounc

For anyone on a tight budget, I'd also recommend two rooms (ask for connecting) at one of the All Star Resorts. In additon to FOUR double beds, you'd get two bathrooms. That extra bathroom can save time getting ready - especially with two teens. With the codes on mousesavers, rooms can be had for as little as $49.00 plus tax per night. (Today's Minneapolis paper had All Star rooms advertised for $59.00 plus tax) per night. Be sure to check out www.mousesavers.com before you call for a reservation.

To get more than two beds at a DVC resort, you'd need a 2 bedroom unit. Even if you rented points from a DVC member, I doubt you'd be able to get that size unit for anything even close to the price of two rooms at the All Stars.

The Contemporary Garden Wing rooms have 2 Queen beds and a day bed. I slept in the day bed during our stay. It is a regular mattress and I was very comfortable.

When we stayed at WL., we had bunk beds and 1 queen bed. So, my brother & I each had our own bed. The room are kind of small though.

We stayed at Fort Wilderness Cabins. These have a separate bedroom with bunkbeds and a Murphy bed in the living room. This will give you more room than the other two, but I feel like you definitely need to rent a car if staying at the cabins. You also get a full-size kitchen. Our room rate at the cabins was the same as WL & CR.

These are some more economical options for staying on site- which IMHO is the only way to go!!

we are trying an off premises villa this year, private heated pool in the back yard, 4 bedrooms, 2 baths, garage, kitchen, living room for 11 nights for $1,400.00

Disnee Dad Says................................................. I assume tink2dw, that you have been reading the boards, and know there are so many deals now, that we have not seen prices like this for 15-20 years. We got a room for $25.00 a night at Courtyard by Marriot, on Hotel Plaza. Now it is $29, Sun-Thur, So get two rooms, they might be ajoining, like a suite. The Grovsner, which is nice because we stayed there in 1997, has $79.00 for Thur-Sat,and $39.00 for Sun-Wed. Some Holiday Inn Kids Suite was like $55!! The point is..... If you don't know, now you know!

Also at Hotel Plaza -- possible right now to book 1-bedroom suite at the Doubletree Guest Suites Resort for $109. Bedroom has 2 double beds; living room has queen sofabed. Includes fridge and microwave. 630 sq. ft.

Believe they also have 2-bdrm suites; don't know price.

We stayed there last Oct (2000) had two queen beds and in the livin room had a hideabed the property is about 10 minutes for Disney properties (we drove cautiously). They have a special for $55.00 and that includes full breakfest buffet. We enjoyed this off site hotel very much. Hope every one enjoys thier vacation.

We just LOVE the Wilderness cabins....bedroom w/bunk beds and dbl bed could be for teens, dbl bed in living room (Murphy that pulls out of the wall) for parents, 2 tvs, full kitchen w/ fridge, stove, dishwasher etc.....

Another consideration is how much time, other than sleeping, your family will be in the hotel. If you've never done wdw before, then like my first couple of trips, you'll spend little time other than sleeping there. So off site is where you can find terriffic prices, and splurge on more space (connecting rooms or villas). Being able to spread out and relax after a long day at the parks is very nice, and the drive is easy. It's really a matter of on-site (costs more but you get the "magic") or off-site (still fun and more affordable, and food is cheaper too). Good luck!

I don't know if it is too late for this or even if they would have availability during you friends week but I just found this site on a post by a fellow DISer on another board with an even lower rate for Vistana Villages and other timeshare properties www.resortrip.com I haven't used them but for the week we will be there (Dec 1-8) we could have gotten a 2 bedroom unit through them for 399.99. The web page states they are renting out unused timeshare banked weeks and a tour IS NOT required. Sounds like a great deal if they have what you want when you want it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter