My Great Find...

Luvinit

<font color=CC66CC>This is the place I come to to
I know alot of us stress about the diaper bag/backpack thing. I was in JC Penny today and I found a cooler (yes cooler) backpack with a mesh bag attached to the top. It has a place on the bottom for ICE and drinks (or bottles).(it says it will hold up to 15 cans of soda plus ice) Than on top of that it has a seperate compartment for sandwiches, that will stay cold due to the ice underneath. Than on top of it is a good size duffle bag. A seperate place for your keys and wallet, even a cell phone holder on the strap. It even comes in Black with yes you guessed it Lime Green Trim...(however I bought the blue one), anyway it was on SALE for $19.99. I haven't used it yet and it may get a little heavy with 15 cans of soda and ice, but I think it may come in handy. Just wanted to share
Tracy

luvinit,

So glad you found something you like. Just to let you know however if you put much ice and many drinks in it it will be very heavy! We have one that sounds a lot like yours and we have at times carried 3 canned drinks and 3 bottles of water and with ice it even gets heavy. Add a few other snack items and it get quite heavy. We do carry ours once in a while on a very warm day to keep from buying a lot of drinks but we find it too heavy to carry most of the time. Pack it up and try it out before hand. Hope it works for you. If you are still in the stroller ages, perhaps it could ride most of the time??

Jordan's mom

Jordan's mom, thanks for the heads up...I figured it would be heavy, but I have a very large DH who said he was up for the challenge (not to mention hes a cheapskate, and would rather carry a water cooler on his back then pay for bottled water)LOL!!

I think we will always be in "stroller age", I have such active kids...except when we are walking through WDW...maybe its conditioning I don't know, but I wont complain b/c I love having the stroller if for nothing else than to carry our stuff.

Just a little sugestion. If you are going to rent a refrigerator you could place 2 maybe 3 water bottles in the frezer comparment. We have and they are frozen by the next day. You then could pack cool sodas along with cool water bottle with the frozen ones( that way as the day wears on the frozen ones will be ready to drink and still be cold). That would take place of ice and maybe some wt off. But also a less of a chance of getting soaked when the ice melts.

We have used a cooler backpack before and they are great. Especially if you want to save a little money on drinks and a light lunch or snack. Like you we always use a stroller but our DS5 is a dottler so layed back and likes to absorbe everything. I don't know what we will do when he gets old for a stroller.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter