My latest "destined to fail" project ;)

Rajah

DIS Veteran
I went to WalMart tonight.

That was a mistake. ;)

They actually had bearded iris rhizomes for sale!! Supposedly late-blooming ones, too. I figure they're not going to succeed, but I decided to try anyway. I picked up one that is a pretty dark navy on the lower petals and the top petals are white, then the second one I got has light purple lower petals with yellow upper petals. Each package had two rhizomes, and I planted one of each in a mixture of moisture-holding potting soil and regular potting soil.

We'll see if they make it.... Any idea how long it takes for signs of life to appear from an Iris rhizome?

Rajah I would think once you've planted them you should see growth within 2 weeks. My one suggestion because they are in a pot. Try to let the soil dry out a little before watering again. Bearded Iris Rhizomes rot very easy if the soil is constantly wet. Good Luck!

Sometimes the best way to learn is just to keep trying Rajah. In a couple of years everyone will be coming to you for advice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter