My (minor) Quibble with Disney

passporterfan13

Disney-Loving Nerdfighter
Disney, you know I love you, but what is with this Princess or Pirate crap? I know you needed something for the boys, but I happen to love pirates. And I know many a young girl who does too. They're like the kick-butt version of princesses. I realize that maybe little boys don't really want to be princes any more and they definitely don't want to be princesses (at least most of them). All I'm asking is that you maybe stop making these events and merchandise an either or thing. Princesses and Pirates are your two big 'themes'. Fine, but stop segregating them to a single gender. The latest POTC movie introduced yet another female pirate and you already have several awesome princes (Aladdin, Hercules, Tarzan). Welcome to the 21st Century.

<3 G
pirate:princess:

Disney did do some Pirate and Princess hard ticket parties in the last few years. And I know the special Pirate League in MK has an option for girls too.

I'm going to move this to the Theme Parks Community Board.

Pirates League definitely has an option for girls, my friend had in done while she was there a week in Feb 11

Yep, girls can be pirates too! My daughter and I did the Pirates' League last year on our trip. It was lots of fun.

Actually both locations, the boutique and pirates has opposite gender options. The league has an empress and now a mermaid package for our girls BUT! girls can also get any of the looks and on 3 of them they can request no beard, so at the Pirates League they are flexible and believe me I put many scars on girls that want to be rough and tough pirates! Boutique has the Knight package for our boys that want to be made into a strong Knight.

I could really care less ... if parents have that kind of money ($$$$$$$$$$$$$$) to blow on having their child play dress-up, then more power to them.

My way of thinking is that it is a way for WDW to suck the money out of their pockets into their own ... thus, helping to keep the cost for tickets and upkeep of the parks to a "minimum". Hey, that makes ME the winner!!!

Cudos to Disney for thinking of new ways to increase revenue from those with money to burn!

If you don't like it, why not just "not participate" instead of slamming it? :confused3 there's alot of little girls that like being a princess AND a pirate. Sometimes it's okay to just have a little fun. And judging by the popularity of the Princesses, there are still girls that like to dress up as princesses.....

I didn't mean to sound so...angry about it all. Moment of weakness :). I have no problem with little girls who like dressing as princesses.

pirate:
my 8 year old dd is obsessed with pirates! she is a big tom boy at this point. from princess to tomboy point in her life. she loves the female pirate. kudos!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter