My NEW Fold and Go Wheelchair is the best investment that I have ever made. Great at Disney and eve

Hi, Starwind. I really miss seeing you at WDW. I was really looking forward to it, but I was so sick. Unfortunately, I spent most of my time in my resort room like I am doing now in Panama City Beach, Florida.

As did I.

So sorry to hear you are not doing well again. Hope you return to good health soon !!

At least good healing wishes can cross the border ! :-)

Take care!!

SW

Anyone got a good cell phone holder recommendation?

FNGo_PhoneHolder.jpg

High Groot.

I've never bought a wheelchair holder for a cell phone. I always have to hold the screen up close to read the smaller items.

I was considering a larger one for an iPad type device. I thought I could use it for maps or at WDW for those websites that have WDW info for lines or FP+'s.

Have you looked at it the one above that fits in the opposite armrest of the Fold and Go Wheelchair Joystick? I think it fits the same way.

FOLD & GO Smartphone Holder
$39.95 $26.95

The FOLD & GO Smartphone Armrest Holder fits perfectly for a wide range of smartphones from 3.5 to 6-inch screen sizes including all iPhone, Android, and Samsung models. This Smartphone Armrest Holder holds your phone vertically or in a portrait orientation, and everything in-between. This mounts to the armrest of your FOLD & GO WHEELCHAIR®.
  • Rotate 360-degrees
  • FITS ALL Smartphones
  • Dimensions: 5.5 x 3.2 x 2.5 inches
  • Weight: 7 ounces
FNGo_PhoneHolder10.jpg
FNGo_PhoneHolder3.jpg

FNGo_PhoneHolder5.jpg
FNGo_PhoneHolder7.jpg
FNGo_PhoneHolder8.jpg
FNGo_PhoneHolder9.jpg
FNGo_PhoneHolder6.jpg
FNGo_PhoneHolder11.jpg
FNGo_PhoneHolder4.jpg

For anyone who's interested in the MagSHOCK power wheelchair, Fold & Go is doing another random-selection giveaway. They're giving away a maroon-colored MagSHOCK on Friday June 5. Two ways to enter: like their Facebook page or follow them on Instagram. The giveaway is worldwide and includes free shipping/duties/taxes/fees. Good luck to anyone who enters!

For anyone who's interested in the MagSHOCK power wheelchair, Fold & Go is doing another random-selection giveaway. They're giving away a maroon-colored MagSHOCK on Friday June 5. Two ways to enter: like their Facebook page or follow them on Instagram. The giveaway is worldwide and includes free shipping/duties/taxes/fees. Good luck to anyone who enters!

They really are the nicest people!

Hi, Groot and mamabunny for the info.

FYI, I found that Lift Compatibility Tool on Harmar’s site tells you the given trunk height of any vehicle.

First, go to Harmar’s site and input your chair make/model, as well as the vehicle you have/are interested in buying, then hit “Find Lifts”. (I couldn’t input my exact chair because don’t have it listed, YET). View attachment 524402

2. Then, hit ”View Vehicle Dimension Information:View attachment 524403

3. It will give you the various dimensions of the different vehicles. The two numbers that are of the most interest are the overall ceiling height (Labeled “Height”) and Height (Bumper), which tells you how far the very bottom of the trunk is from the ground.:View attachment 524404
Well that is an AMAZING resource for all of us! Thank you so much for sharing! ❤

Here's the link for anyone else who needs it: Bruno.com Vehicle Compatibility Calculator

Ray, I have MS and other issues (don’t we all have multiples?) anyway, I stumbled across your fold and go post. I’ve been looking at the MagShock. I currently have a scooter that breaks into several pieces but that’s getting hard to do. I have a question on the batteries for the MagShock. Are they proprietary? Do you have to buy them from Fold&Go or will a battery retailer have the same ones? Currently Fold&Go is out of batteries and there’s a concern that they won’t have them when they are needed... Thank you much~

I think that you can only buy the batteries from Fold and Go. Lately, they’ve been out of a lot of stuff. (I think this thread might be one of the reasons. 😉) But you can leave them an email, and as soon as it’s available again, they’ll notify you.

Thank you. I got stranded once in Hawaii with my scooter. The battery suddenly died the day we got off a cruise. No warning - which was weird. The battery place met us and replaced it. I have a fear of that happening and not being able to get a battery asap.

Fold and Go MagShock wheelchairs have two batteies that are built into the frame and they are only sold by them.

But they can ship them directly to you overnight.

No wires or bolts to fool with. Just slide in to lock in place.

They can run on just one battery if the other went bad and if a mobility scooter had one battery go bad it would stop running.

On the outside of each battery yo can push a button to see if both batteries are decreasing their charge at the same rate when they get older.

Approved by the FDA to store in an airline cabin still left in a wheelchair or under the plane.

They are longer lasting using lithium-ion than most mobility scooters batteries. I've haven't seen a decrease in recharging since I bought them

They are lighter at 3-pounds than most mobility scooters batteries weighing 10 times more.

COVID-19 has effected manufacturing for many companies now with inventory running low.

If I was going on a trip, I would call ahead if I was worried, and maybe after 6 or 7 years if the battery started not to recharge less then I would have bought new batteries as a back-up. Just my opinion.

To date, I haven't heard anyone having to buy new batteries.

When I had a mobility scooter there were two tell-tell signs.

1 - The green battery lights suddenly went from all green, skipping yellow, going straight to red.

2 - At WDW, batteries didn't last as long even though recharging overnight.

3 - One night I woke up at night and noticed the lights on the recharger unit were green instead of red or yellow after only a few hours. So the faster the recharge the less time the batteries would last. The dead battery cells weren't recharging and the recharger light turned green sooner because they were recharging fewer battery cells and didn't recognize the dead cells.

It is possible that if your mobility scooter went dead today, that store may not have your battery in stock because of the COVID-19 supply issues.

Thank you for posting.

I'm going to place a note on my travel check-off list for future use.

Ray, I have MS and other issues (don’t we all have multiples?) anyway, I stumbled across your fold and go post. I’ve been looking at the MagShock. I currently have a scooter that breaks into several pieces but that’s getting hard to do. I have a question on the batteries for the MagShock. Are they proprietary? Do you have to buy them from Fold&Go or will a battery retailer have the same ones? Currently Fold&Go is out of batteries and there’s a concern that they won’t have them when they are needed... Thank you much~

Thank you. I got stranded once in Hawaii with my scooter. The battery suddenly died the day we got off a cruise. No warning - which was weird. The battery place met us and replaced it. I have a fear of that happening and not being able to get a battery asap.

Thank you so much! On the one scooter, I had no warning. It was very weird. I’m probably going to go with the MagShock. My scooter is getting older, so I’m looking and asking questions, but my husband likes the idea of the MagShock since it’s made in the US. So many I’ve looked at are from China.

I’ve been reading through your posts on the Fold and Go. They’ve been very informative and have helped immensely in my decision making.

Thank you, again.

Thank you so much! On the one scooter, I had no warning. It was very weird. I’m probably going to go with the MagShock. My scooter is getting older, so I’m looking and asking questions, but my husband likes the idea of the MagShock since it’s made in the US. So many I’ve looked at are from China.

I’ve been reading through your posts on the Fold and Go. They’ve been very informative and have helped immensely in my decision making.

Thank you, again.

I bet you won't need to worry about the battery for a long time! 🙂 I get it, though - if you have ever had a battery die suddenly (or even just slowly) it can be scary, especially when you are relying upon your device to move around In the world. So, it's a valid concern.

Our daughter just (back in Jan/Feb of this year) bought me my Magshock. Figment is Purple (so, yes, he is that beautiful purple color, and I named him Figgy, and he is gorgeous and he sparkles in the sunlight like all of my Disney Dreams 😍... But I digress...)

Admittedly, I haven't been going a whole lot of places since we got home from WDW early last January. In fact, for all of February, I just "practiced" driving him in a little obstacle course that my hubby set up in the garage for me!

This summer, we had a rare "green" (no new cases) week in our zip code, and I got all masked up, and took him out in public for the first - and only - time so far.

But - given that I charged him up completely after he arrived, and it is now *OCTOBER* - so he has been here for 9 months, with his batteries installed, just sitting mostly - the charge has remained rock steady since the last time I used him.

I'm lucky - I really only need Figgy (or Angus, my other personal mobility device) when I go out in public. For the most part, when I am at home, I don't need much assistance right now.

But based on years of experience with similar lithium-ion battery technology in Angus (prior to owning Figgy) if you use good "battery hygiene" techniques - follow the suggestions that Fold and Go gives for maximum battery life - you should not have to worry about replacing your batteries for quite some time, even with repeated daily use. Just make sure to fully recharge them over night, every night if you are using them heavily during the day.

For what it's worth, replacement batteries for my other device (which is a TravelScoot) can run over $750 for the "big" battery, so Fold and Go batteries at $300 each still look like a bargain to me! 😉

Batteries can - and do - sometimes just go "bad". It happens; after all, in the end they are made by humans, and no one is perfect. But the technology that is in these batteries is mature now, and Fold and Go is (I can tell you from personal experience) very heavily invested in making sure that every one of us has the best possible user experience they can deliver.

So, I said all of that, to say this: Please don't worry - I have every expectation that by the time any of us here need a battery for our chairs that they should be back in stock; this is most likely just a little bump in the road!

Also,:welcome: to our little corner of the DIS!🙂

Thank you! I don’t need it every day. I can go around the house fine. In fact, I can go grocery shopping and use the basket as a walker and I’m fine (if I’m having a good day. Bad days, hubby does all of that stuff for me) But I live in San Antonio and I can’t go to the Riverwalk without my scooter. I also can’t go to the mall, take a walk with my husband (we have lots of hills in our neighborhood).

I’ve been looking at folding scooters and folding wheelchairs and it’s all a little overwhelming. The MagShock is the nicest, but it is expensive. I have a year or so before I’ll need one. I have two scooters that both work fine. They disassemble And my DH can lift them into the car or truck, but if we use the car, no suitcases fit. Also, rental cars are a problem. We went to Hawaii and had to rent a minivan in order to hold the scooter and suitcases. It would’ve been nice to rent a Jeep, but we just didin’t think it would hold everything.

Anyway, far more info than you asked for! LOL

Thank you for the kind welcome and your input. I’m leaning towards the MagShock in purple, also, but like I said, it’ll be a year or so before I do anything.

Thank you! I don’t need it every day. I can go around the house fine. In fact, I can go grocery shopping and use the basket as a walker and I’m fine (if I’m having a good day. Bad days, hubby does all of that stuff for me) But I live in San Antonio and I can’t go to the Riverwalk without my scooter. I also can’t go to the mall, take a walk with my husband (we have lots of hills in our neighborhood).

I’ve been looking at folding scooters and folding wheelchairs and it’s all a little overwhelming. The MagShock is the nicest, but it is expensive. I have a year or so before I’ll need one. I have two scooters that both work fine. They disassemble And my DH can lift them into the car or truck, but if we use the car, no suitcases fit. Also, rental cars are a problem. We went to Hawaii and had to rent a minivan in order to hold the scooter and suitcases. It would’ve been nice to rent a Jeep, but we just didin’t think it would hold everything.

Anyway, far more info than you asked for! LOL

Thank you for the kind welcome and your input. I’m leaning towards the MagShock in purple, also, but like I said, it’ll be a year or so before I do anything.

*If* you have the core strength, you could consider a Travelscoot - *very* lightweight at 35 pounds, and even at my highest previous weight (in excess of 350 pounds) I could run a full Disney day on one battery. I have 2 of them (Max, my "original" model, named after the Palace horse in Tangled!, and Angus, my 2nd gen model, named after Merida's faithful steed who always brings her home safe from her adventures!) and I love them both so much!

I'm about 5 or so years ahead of you? I was - for a long time - able to shop using the cart to prop up and just needed a mobility device for things like WDW, and State Fair (Oh hey neighbor - I live in Oklahoma, north of the Red, but it's OK, we can still be friends! LOL) and for museums and festivals and stuff like that.

Now I'm able to get around inside my house OK, but anything else requires muck more assistance; hence the gift of my Fold and Go from my amazing daughter.

But, back to the Travelscoot - if you are looking for something lightweight, FAA/TSA friendly and - as a bonus, it will fold down into a bag the size of golf bag if you need it to - then that's your device. I almost never fold it - I typically run with the seat back off completely (sitting upright to help keep my core strong) and so I just drop the handlebars, and pop it in the back of my Kia Soul. Lock the brakes, make sure the power is off, and away I go to my next adventure!

All in, about the same cost as a Fold and Go; it's not cheap, but it's really well made. My hubby is a mechanic for a certain American airline :-) ::ahem:: and he loves the Travelscoot because it's so well made and dead simple to maintain.

Anyway, if you decide to take a look at that as an option, and you have any questions, just let me know! 🙂

TBH, I have looked at the Travel Scoot, but I tend to have a lot of back spasms from the MS. If I’m not having the spasms, it would work great, but when my back is spamming, I don’t think it would work.

TBH, I have looked at the Travel Scoot, but I tend to have a lot of back spasms from the MS. If I’m not having the spasms, it would work great, but when my back is spamming, I don’t think it would work.

I hear you - I have been battling muscle spasms recently; luckily my pt does dry needling that tends to help end those long, non-stop spasms that run from my lower back all the way down my legs.

I hear you - I have been battling muscle spasms recently; luckily my pt does dry needling that tends to help end those long, non-stop spasms that run from my lower back all the way down my legs.

Ugh. The spasms are the worst! I’m going to a new PT soon. Maybe they will have a solution. We moved a couple of years ago and I haven’t had PT here, yet. I’m glad you’ve found a way to stop yours. I know if they get too bad, they’ll use Botox or a baclofen pump and I’ve talked to people who’ve had good luck with both of those. Right now, I use a tens unit sometimes when my back is spasming and it helps stop them sometimes. I have mild spasticity in my bicep that the tens unit doesn’t help. Maybe the PT will.

Overall though, I am very blessed and looking forward to the next time we go to Disney. We’re talking about 2022. We usually go once a year, but my DS has some special needs and I’m not sure he would keep a mask on the entire time. Of course, if it’s for Disney, he might. DH & I might be the ones who struggle. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!