My onsite HRH experience...WOW!

stlrod

DIS Veteran
Not only is HRH a great resort by itself, the express access to the rides and attractions is incredible. We just checked-out today and I have to admit I don't think I could visit Universal again w/o that express access. While I did feel bad when I heard someone in the regular MIB line say "That family's gone three times already," my pang of guilt was short-lived once I boarded the ride. It is an incredible perk and the hotel is great.

The extra $ for this hotel is well worth it. We started at the Radisson Resort Parkway for $50, then moved to the HRH for $150. I really hesitated booking the HRH for $100 extra a night, I mean why blow dollars on a cushy hotel when you won't spend a whole lot of time there anyway. Of course the difference is the EXPRESS PRIVILEDGE. This gives you a COMPLETELY different experience at the parks. Both parks were very busy when we attended (Dec 26 - Dec 31) but just whip out your room card and move to the front of the line. One of the park employees even commented "oh, royalty, eh?" We hit all the major attractions in both parks in one day with no plannning whatsoever. When you figure airfare, meals, park admission, Krispy Kreme doughnuts, etc. the extra $ does not look too bad...

Also you can't put a price on an easy 10-minute walk to IOA, USF and City Walk.
By the way everyone posting here seemed to NOT get charged the $5 for self-parking but I guess I was just unlucky. Hey, it's about the price of a large pretzel anyway...:)

I have to agree with you stlrod and tjosal. We loved HRH and the express priviledge! It was the first time we'd paid more than $89 a night & that was for a 2 bed/2 bath residence inn. I now feel it is perfectly o.k. to pay $150 a night. DH & I want to send 2 DSs to spacecamp & spend the week there!

I went on 12/30 and I could have used the hotel key during the afternoon, but I ended up using a lot of single rider lines and waiting until the last few hours of operation riding what I missed earlier.

and were totally and completely spoiled for the rest of the trip. DS wants to *live* at the HRH! The whole rest of the trip he kept asking where the valet and the bell boy were! I'm working on my trip report, promise...
Terri the Yoopermom

Take it from one who learned her lesson! The price for Universal express is "priceless"! Like my sister said, it's the ONLY WAY TO DO UNIVERSAL! :D

I know this is where my kids will have a problem. If someone tells them they are butting, they would be so embarraseed. Any suggestions to make them more comfortable? They are 15 and 18
Julie:)

Julie,
No one ever accused us of "butting". At most attractions, express has a totally separate entrance. Plus there will be people who have gotten express passes from the machines in the line with you.

Hi Sorry, I know you didn't say anyone was butting. I was refering to several people who posted on this topic a long time ago. Iv'e been reading the boards for a good year now, and there once was a thread about FOTL and the people who didn't have FOTL. Anyway long story, wrong thread, but thanks for the info.
Julie :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter