My pod-meet review!

Man! It officially sucks that I didn't get to go now! Glad you had a great time both nights and I hope everyone else had a great night too.

Hey Pete, is there any way I can win one of those lanyards, it's the one thing my pin trading collection is now missing since it looks extremely cool!

Okay, all photos of me are officially outlawed until I lose 40lbs. If there's an incentive for me to lose weight, it's that you people will take my picture and you will post it. Jeez - I look like Tony Soprano and Mama Cass had a love child :) (I'm really not that sensitive about my weight, but I looked SOOO good when I was 185).

Pete
Awww, Pete, you're still hot!

Okay, all photos of me are officially outlawed until I lose 40lbs. If there's an incentive for me to lose weight, it's that you people will take my picture and you will post it. Jeez - I look like Tony Soprano and Mama Cass had a love child :) (I'm really not that sensitive about my weight, but I looked SOOO good when I was 185).

Pete

That is sooo funny! :rotfl:

Pete

:love: I don't know Pete I think you are so cute!

Now Pete, I believe I posted a picture of you a few months ago that was very flattering...I might just have to dig it up again so the world can see what a great lookin' guy you are!

Originally Posted by WebmasterPete
Okay, all photos of me are officially outlawed until I lose 40lbs. If there's an incentive for me to lose weight, it's that you people will take my picture and you will post it. Jeez - I look like Tony Soprano and Mama Cass had a love child (I'm really not that sensitive about my weight, but I looked SOOO good when I was 185).

Pete

I already started my diet - based on a picture I saw from our last cruise. I was sitting down with a 'loose' shirt on and it looked like I was smuggling boat people (I know, I know - hate speach - beat you to it).

John

I am also starting a diet/exercise plan. I look at pics of myself and I need to change. I don't like the way clothes fit me at all. I have been fat my whole life so I don't those skinny days to remember. I would audition for Biggest Loser if I could afford to go off and live on the ranch for a few months. We need to start a pod squad biggest loser!

Okay, it's a date, then...meet you all on the WISH boards! New Years Resolutions, everyone. My goal is to lose the weight I already lost last year, and gained back this year, before I gain back more than I lost.

Vacation pics are very scary! :scared:

I actually started my diet last April after we returned from Hawaii (and looked at the pictures)...I am proud to say that I have dropped almost 45 lbs!!! I basically just cut all the garbage out of my diet and started walking daily. I'm up to about 4-5 miles per day and wonder just how far I would have made it in the world if I'd continued walking in a straight line. Hmm, let's just say 4 miles per day x's approx. 240 days = 960 mi. -- I'd be almost 1/2 way to Orlando (2571 mi)!

Smack you around a *little* bit? Sheesh, buddy.... they prolly wanna *pound* you.... lol.....

Sure is nice to know where to go eat, though.... so I agree, no photos of you around. I totally understand.

Now again...please dont think I'm pompous enough to think that Disney has wanted posters up...but I'm guessing the folks at Coral Reef, "Ohana and Wolfgang Puck would like smack me around a bit. :lmao:

Kevin

Smack you around a *little* bit? Sheesh, buddy.... they prolly wanna *pound* you.... lol.....
QUOTE]

You know...they might really want to *pound* you! But hey...they earned their reviews... LOL It is really nice to know where to eat! I'd like to say that the pod cast does a really good job of keeping everyone informed! I hope one day I'll be able to come to a pod cast meet! :goodvibes

I already started my diet - based on a picture I saw from our last cruise. I was sitting down with a 'loose' shirt on and it looked like I was smuggling boat people (I know, I know - hate speach - beat you to it).

John

I'm right there with you. I went to a waterpark last summer and was enjoying my time on the lazy river until I went to stand up. The tube didn't stay in the water like most people's. Wouldn't go over my head. Wouldn't fall to my feet. DH had to climb under the water and yank it off. Boy did we get some looks. :)

Well, now that things have settled down from our holiday vacation to WDW and the mayhem of Christmas and New Years is over, I thought I would share my review of the Pod Meet at the Dolphin on December 13th.

Let me preface this with I just discovered the DIS in September and had never listened to any Pod Casts before. Since joining, I have enjoyed many "hot debates", polls, and getting the inside scoop. I also joined the DVC Christmas Tree sharing thread, which was a wonderful surprise for our kids. We are big Disney fans and visit quite often.

Since I do all of the vacation planning, right down to the ADRs, parades, and show times my husband didn't really think anything of the time I blocked out of our schedule. But as vacation grew near and he took a closer look at our schedule (I always make an Excel spreadheet) he asked "What's this Pod Meet thing about dolphins?" I had to chuckle and explained the whole thing. He seemed fine with it and didn't ask anything else until Thursday afternoon.

After the kids took a nap we got ready and hopped the bus to Epcot. We met a beautiful family from South Africa who were taking their children (2 girls and 1 boy) to Norway for the Princess dinner. Since my DD4 was also dressed in princess attire princess: and was just done up at the BBB that morning, our children had a blast playing. Once at Epcot, we sprinted to the international gateway and visited the last 15 minutes of the DVC Merry Member Mixer. I wish we had gotten there earlier, or remembered to get the camera out of the stoller. I missed some great shots of the kids dancing with the Fab 5 in their holiday best. Oh well, maybe another year.:rolleyes:

Once we left the mixer we boarded the very crowded boat for a short ride to the Dolphin. When we pulled up to the boat launch at the Dolphin we were very impressed by the look of and feel of the resort. We walked inside and eventually found our way to the elevators (they really should be better marked). The elevator doors barely closed and they were opening again to our floor (that elevator was faster than the Tower of Terror).:laughing: We stepped out and heard laughing and turned our heads to the DIS Unplugged Pod Squad sign at the entrance to the Hospitality room. At the door was Cory's sister and she greeted us with a very friendly hello. We were all given Pod Squad lanyards and a Pod cast pin. The lanyards had the plastic pouch where we could display our screen name and real name.

Upon entering, my DD ran though the room at lightening speed and I heard a familiar voice. I looked and it was Kevin saying look, there goes Princess Belle. To which my DD says "No, I'm Sleeping Beauty!" Kevin looked at me and I explained all the princesses were going gold this year and that was Sleeping Beauty's costume. Kevin said he didn't know that (didn't you know you are expected to be up on the Princess fashion;) ).

We grabbed a table and got the kids some food to keep them occupied. There were chips and pretzels, a fruit tray, cheese, pepperoni and crackers. All the typical foods you would expect to find and any such event. To my surprise, there were also some hot goodies as well. Bacon wrapped shrimp that had a spicy bite to it. A puffed pastry with cheese and mushrooms, mini crab cakes with a flavorful sauce and something else, I can't remember. I know there were 4 hot items. All of which were quite good except..... the "sad little crab cake". While they were hot, not a lot of meat inside.

Moving on to the desserts. There were a couple of trays out with the desserts on them. All in bite sizes, there were three chocolate ones (white, dark and milk), key lime, cheesecake, coconut creme, orange tart and a few others. While I didn't have any, my husband said they were delicious.:thumbsup2

There was also a bar. Alcoholic beverages as well as soft drinks were available.

All the while snacking and drinking I met and chatted with Bob, Cory, Julie, Kevin, and John.:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: Everyone was so friendly and welcoming. Bawb was proud to show off his kaht kam all decked out for the holidays. Julie and Cory's sister played with DD4 who was proudly displaying her Bibbity Bobbity self. Both Kevin and John sat at our table and talked about food, attractions, and shows.

The Hospitality Room was beautiful. Painted a dark warm tone with windows looking out towards the Swan, Boardwalk, and MGM/Hollywood Studios. We could even see some of the Osbourn lights! Even the bathroom was nice, very large (anyone with kids knows you have to visit every bathroom:rolleyes1).

After a bit, it became apparent the kids were getting restless and we had to say goodbye. DS was getting squirmy in his stroller and DD was starting to get loud. We said thank you and goodbye to everyone (even the bartender). Back to the freefall elevator and boat to finish up Epcot. My husband really enjoyed himself too, even though he had no idea what I was dragging him to.

Oh I wish I could have met Pete in person. Luckily I was able to get a peek at some pictures before they were removed. I'm glad you are feeling better now Pete.

Finally, just a big thank you for hosting such a wonderful event. It was small and intimate so you didn't get lost in the crowd. We were able to have real conversations and not just a "hello, nice to meet you."

I am now a fan for life and will drag along anyone who will listen with me.

Smooches to everyone!

Jennifer

John
Sorry - I'm late to game - I've visited this thread but apparently not since 12/24 when you posted this. When the page came up, this is the first post I saw and unfortunately, I had just taken a sip of my water which promptly came out of my nose and mouth (better water than soda!) :lmao: I just had this picture in mind of someone smuggling boat people under their shirt and couldn't stop giggling...the people at work think I'm nuts (of course, they knew I was nuts before so it's okay)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter