My thoughts on Cabana Bay!!

We stayed at CBBR last year and thought it was a great hotel and did not have any issue with the room size. DW and I thought they offered more than the Mods at WDW for less $. We really liked all the extra amenities and also thought their CS was much better then WDW resorts, our DD's did miss the Mickey head waffles in the mornings though:)

I stayed at CBBR for 3 nights in November, followed by one night in All-Star Movies. Big mistake. All-Star Movies felt like a cheap motel compared to CBBR, and actually cost $10 more for the night.

It was enough to convince me that I should always try to stay on site at Universal and NEVER stay on site at Disney. The value just isn't there.

I stayed at CBBR for 3 nights in November, followed by one night in All-Star Movies. Big mistake. All-Star Movies felt like a cheap motel compared to CBBR, and actually cost $10 more for the night.

It was enough to convince me that I should always try to stay on site at Universal and NEVER stay on site at Disney. The value just isn't there.

Since you are a repeat for Cbay, you know it will be a fantastic stay

I am staying some nights at Disney sports before I move to rpr this fall
Looked at my reservation and it is $168+ tax on the weekend at Disney

Just about $217+ tax at rpr weekday
Weekends have the bump in price

I was amazed at the high rate for the value at the motherland hotel

Not saying I am complaining but did not realize the raise in rates until I was booking

Since you are a repeat for Cbay, you know it will be a fantastic stay

I am staying some nights at Disney sports before I move to rpr this fall
Looked at my reservation and it is $168+ tax on the weekend at Disney

Just about $217+ tax at rpr weekday
Weekends have the bump in price

I was amazed at the high rate for the value at the motherland hotel

Not saying I am complaining but did not realize the raise in rates until I was booking

The rates have really gotten out of hand for the "values" at WDW - crazy!:guilty:

Thanks for the great report! Thinking of staying here for a Universal/Disney split stay next year. I was worried because so many threads talk about how you have to stay at a resort with the free express pass in order to enjoy Universal. We need 2 rooms so that's really too expensive for us. It was a relief to read that you felt like you really didn't need it!

Die-hard Disney fan here currently staying at CBBR. It is our first extended stay at US and I am super impressed. CBBR fit the budget for spring break trip for me, my 14 year old son and his friend. We are all having a great time here. We have a family suite in the Continental building. The separate living area is great with the boys as they like to stay up a little later and it offers them some privacy to hang out and stay up. Love the split bath and layout of the suite. The fridge is bigger than the typical mini fridge at WDW. Everything is very clean. Outstanding customer service. Can't believe I'm saying this but friendlier than Disney's staff we've encountered the past couple of years. Check-in was quick and friendly. Everyone in Bayliner diner is super nice. If I go at a slow time they'll chat a minute. Always using my last name and smiling. The guy that delivered room service pizza was very friendly. After one of my meals I got up to take my tray up. One of the employees took it from me right away. There is so much to do at the resort. Pools, lazy river, bowling and arcade. Starbucks fro Mom. While they were busy swimming I enjoyed a Starbucks coffee by the pool. There are several fire pits and I enjoyed live music tonight. Highly recommend CBBR. We walked across the street to Saphire Falls and caught the water taxi to the parks. Saphire Falls looks really nice. I'll have to try that out some day. Volcano Bay was a 5 minute walk on the path from CBBR. Unfortunately, the boys said it was only ok. We have a nice waterpark where we live plus a Great Wolf Lodge so think it wasn't anything unique to them. I feel this hotel is a great value. We priced Walt Disney World for this week, as well. The family suite at CBBR was about the same price as a standard room at Port Orleans we were considering. I feel like we are getting more for our money at CBBR compared to POR. Very happy with our decision to stay here with two teenage boys.

DW and I stayed at CBBR for 5 nights in Nov so she could get her HP fix. We really liked the resort and had a great time. The food court was very good as well as the pool bars.

I made that mistake. Stayed at Pop after CBBR and boy was it a letdown. I kept asking my fellow traveler if the pools at Pop had always been this small or if I was forgetting. CBBR has a real resort feel

Thanks for the trip review. We are doing a 5 day split stay in May. First at CBBR and then to RPR. We have stayed at RPR a few times and love it there but I thought my son might enjoy CBBR especially with VB right there. We booked the Tower Poolside Family Suite but I am hoping to get a volcano view. We walked around CBBR while they were still building VB and thought it was really neat and with so many fans of the resort it is helping me feel better about the decision to stay there. RPR is still my favorite. Can't wait to hang out by the pool with a drink in hand.

Hi it's so nice to hear the great reviews on CBBR. We have stayed twice and love this resort. It is one of our favorite resorts to stay at. I agree with pp's about everything. We loved walking to VB last year and the lazy river is our favorite.
We are staying at RPR this year because we need the express pass for more days in the parks. However, after VB one day we plan to go over to the pool area. I love the food court best one I have been to in a long time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter