My thoughts on Royal Pacific

I agree with OP. Just got back from a 10 day trip staying club level at Poly, then AKL then Royal Pacific. The location of RPR is great. RPR club level really doesn't compare to Disney, however we had no expectations that it would. But what we found interesting was that it also fell short of the club level at Portofino Bay Resort with it's evening offerings (which we stayed at last December).
The pool area at RPR was lovely however, and our kids enjoyed it thoroughly! We ordered drinks poolside and I have to say they were delicious. The poolside service we received was also very good!

Ive never stayed Disney Club to compare.

However, everytime I price it out the Universal resorts CL is about $100 per night over a standard room. The Disney resorts are usually in the $200-$250 per night range.

I totally agree with you, OP. We stayed at Portofino last summer and had a great stay - we enjoyed Universal a lot. But, I would never pay for their club level again. We were very underwhelmed by it. We were there about 3 times a day for several days and never had a single person acknowledge us at all. It's fine - I'll go up to them if needed. But, it's supposed to be concierge level service and we definitely never felt it. Most of the time the staff were just congregated together and talking with each other. And, the food was really disappointing! We went in a couple times for snacks and just turned around and walked back out. I was also surprised to see that there was a charge for the liquor. I would have thought it would be included. We really enjoyed the trip and loved the hotel. But, having stayed club level at other places - we would never pay for it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter