My Time Dining on RCCL - Questions about traditional seating

ZellyB

DIS Veteran
I've cruised a few times before on Carnival, but we are taking our first trip on the Liberty of the Seas out of Galveston over Christmas. Exploring on their website, it shows us listed for My Time Dining and I have found some info about how it works on there. We will be a group of 8 and it looks like we can still get a time reserved for that many of us - so all good. But, is there an option to just choose a set seating time? Carnival also had this option of any time seating, but we chose just the traditional dining and ate at the same time every night at the same table. We might just want to do that again on RCCL, but I cannot find the option to sign up for that on the website. When I look at the dining options, it just shows the specialty up-charge restaurants and then the My Time Dining, but nothing about traditional dining.

I did some searching and found some articles that say you can choose reservation times for My Time Dining ahead of time (which would be fine), but I can't seem to find how to do that either. Can anybody give me some insights on this? Thank you!

You can do this before you board by calling your Travel Agent, or Royal Caribbean. Larger groups may have less flexibility for the exact time you want, so the sooner you book your time the better. It can still be done on embarkation day by going to the MDR and looking for someone at a podium or with a tablet. There will probably be others there trying to do the same thing. If you don't know where to go, ask the agent when you are checking in where to go.

If you want to eat as a group and at a particular time, I would seriously think about switching to traditional seating--either early or late. We have cruised 4x as an extended family of 7. The first time we did MTD and it worked perfectly--we had same table, same waiters, at about the same time (I had made all resizes for about 6:15-6:30). The following year I thought it would be the same and it wasn't. Had trouble getting a table that wasn't set for 10 or 12, had to wait for tables, service was chaotic, etc. For a party that's not 2 or 4 I think you're really taking a chance with MTD. It might work out well, but if you have a group that won't roll with the punches, I would try to move to traditional dining.

You can call RCCL and ask for traditional dining--if it's not available now, ask to be put on the wait list--you will probably get it.

You can do this before you board by calling your Travel Agent, or Royal Caribbean. Larger groups may have less flexibility for the exact time you want, so the sooner you book your time the better. It can still be done on embarkation day by going to the MDR and looking for someone at a podium or with a tablet. There will probably be others there trying to do the same thing. If you don't know where to go, ask the agent when you are checking in where to go.

If you want to eat as a group and at a particular time, I would seriously think about switching to traditional seating--either early or late. We have cruised 4x as an extended family of 7. The first time we did MTD and it worked perfectly--we had same table, same waiters, at about the same time (I had made all resizes for about 6:15-6:30). The following year I thought it would be the same and it wasn't. Had trouble getting a table that wasn't set for 10 or 12, had to wait for tables, service was chaotic, etc. For a party that's not 2 or 4 I think you're really taking a chance with MTD. It might work out well, but if you have a group that won't roll with the punches, I would try to move to traditional dining.

You can call RCCL and ask for traditional dining--if it's not available now, ask to be put on the wait list--you will probably get it.

Thanks so much. I'll call and ask for traditional dining.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter