My Time dinning

Betsyt82

<font color=blue>It's not a good idea to cut your
Good morning!

Right now we have a 5:30pm dinning time planned, I know early, but in order to go to bed not stuffed from having to 8:30pm eating Time. Lol
But on excursion days we would like to go a little later you know maybe 6:30pm? So people who have done the my time dining what are your thoughts and feelings on it?
I was going to make reservations for different times on the my time dining.
Going on Oasis of the Seas at the end of September this year. We are so excited to be going it’s been about 10 years since I’ve been on an RC ship. And we’ve chosen one of the biggest wants to go on LOL.

I will appreciate everybody’s information that they give on their experiences with my time dining!

I logged in and booked 6:30p dining for each night. Then as we get closer & make our excursion plans then i'll go into the cruise planner and adjust as needed. I'm thinking since we have a 7 night sailing that the only nights it might be difficult will be nights 2 & 5 when the *formal* dining is typically offered. :)

We just got back from the harmony. were originally on my time dining and had 630 booked every night. It was a little late for our kids so after first night asked and were moved to the early dining. I never clarified but it looked like (for our sailing) early dining meant we could go anytime between 5pm and 630 pm. We were mostly there at 5... once I think about 530. the people beside us showed up a couple times while we had dessert.
you can also go and wait after 630 if you don’t have a reservation and they will seat you when something is available. Night 1 there were a lot of angry people as it seemed they thought ‘my time’ meant show up and get a table whenever.

i think by about 730 or so waits are fairly minimal and there is always windjammers.

I was wondering about this too. Is there a time after which there is usually little to no wait? It is almost impossible for me to plan meal times based on snacking, drinking, and levels of exhaustion throughout the day.

First time RC cruiser
do I have to reserve my dinning ( hours and restaurants ahead ?
mariner of the sea 4 day cruise which one do I have to book ?
i have to call ??

First time RC cruiser
do I have to reserve my dinning ( hours and restaurants ahead ?
mariner of the sea 4 day cruise which one do I have to book ?
i have to call ??
*Dining* is two different categories - Regular (2 seatings, usually about 6:00 and 8:30) or My Time, which is about (depending on the ship) 5:00- 9:00. with regular you pick which seating you want when you reserve your cruise. If you pick My Time you can either walk up each night when you want to eat (there will probably be a wait at popular meal times) or you can do what I did and reserve a set time for every night using the cruise planner on the website. There is usually one dining room.
Denise

We were just on the Anthem a few months ago and liked the My Time Dining. We reserved 6pm-6:15pm and for excursion days, 6:30pm. We were two separate parties of 2, but we were always able to sit together even when our resi window differed by 15 min. We loved that on the Anthem, there are four different Main Dining restaurants and even with My Time Dining, we were able to eat in each one. However, we just booked the Adventure of the Seas for this June, and My Time Dining is not available, they said it is closed. I am wondering if that is because it is only 125 days away? Not sure if the My Time Dining will open again. My question is that the Regular dining time says 5:30pm. That seems kind of early; is there a window of 15 min maybe in which we can arrive later? Anyone know?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter