My Universal Photo Packages

I was there last week with the three day package and their system seemed needlessly complicated. When I went to pick up the lanyard I had to email them their email to me so they could print out their receipt and put in their accordion folder. I had already gotten a random photo card at the entrance as we saw a photographer as we came in. They assured me no problem to transfer the pics into my account. Seemed easy. But THEY have to do the transfer. I can’t enter or scan the QR code to complete the transfer on my own. This became very frustrating as I kept forgetting the lanyard on the locker/metal detector rides and kept getting new cards. At the end of the night (because once the park closes for the day the pics are cleared I’ve been told), I was stuck waiting in a very long line to have the pics all put into my account while there was one worker helping a woman look through thumbnail pic after thumbnail pic finding her group and printing a pic out. Eventually more workers showed up, but I’d been in line for at least 20 minutes. This little episode really did help me remember (mostly) the lanyard from then on. (Little tip, at the end of rides where there are people at the photo kiosks and not just the automatic kiosk setup, have them combine your cards there, if needed). I’m glad I have the ride pics, but the whole process was most definitely a (useless imo) learning curve.
I agree, it is needlessly complicated. I had the same experience you did about a year ago.

WAITING 9 days now for universal photo to respond to my communication to them. Added a 4th day to my 3 day package and cant download any of the photos from day 4. they are all there, just need the download button activated. I've contacted them 3 times in the last week. SOOO frustrating. Anybody find a phone number for Help?

Definitely not worth the cost given how few photographers are out, but important to capture whole party.....

I tried to sign up in the park, spent 20-30 minutes trying to sign up in line and couldn't figure it out.
I went to the link and it won't let me put a package in my cart. Has anyone been able to purchase a pretrip package? Also, where should I be watching for possible black friday deals on pictures?
I tried to sign up in the park, spent 20-30 minutes trying to sign up in line and couldn't figure it out.

it was kind a bummer since we had some fun photos.

it was kind a bummer since we had some fun photos.
Were you at one of the photo shops? Should not have been difficult.

So any recent experiences with this?

Are there any photographers at the various HHN photo ops? I've not seen them in the past which is always very frustrating.

Have they added a replacement yet for the dark room?

(Edit) I just tried a different browser...and it worked. I guess the website doesn't like Chrome at the moment.

Has anyone had any trouble using the My Universal Photos pre-purchase website to buy the photo packages? I tried about a week ago a few times, and each time the website errored and still managed to charge me, but I never got anything from them. I've purchased this way in the past without issue. I am visiting in 2 weeks and was hoping to get the photo package taken care of before I left.

I just wanted to know if anyone else used it recently and was successful? Before I try again...

Last edited:
So did they charge your card?

May be best to contact their customer service - this thread does not seem to get much traction unless there is a special sale on.

The last time I sent them in email they were very quick to respond - not sure how they are now - that was early 2022
Customer Service <cs@amazingpictures.com>

Oh and BTW - the site and the app seem to have issues all the time

Just wanted to comment yet again now that I am back from a recent trip.

This service is pretty pathetic. Other than the entrance photos and ride photos there is still a major lack of photographers.
Lots of meet and greets and no photographers to be seen, if you are lucky you can get the handler to take a photo or another guest.

There is also not a photo place like they used to have where the tribute store is - they had promised a replacement ages ago - but I have not seen it.

Still glad I did not purchase it with my AP.

Just wanted to comment yet again now that I am back from a recent trip.

This service is pretty pathetic. Other than the entrance photos and ride photos there is still a major lack of photographers.
Lots of meet and greets and no photographers to be seen, if you are lucky you can get the handler to take a photo or another guest.

There is also not a photo place like they used to have where the tribute store is - they had promised a replacement ages ago - but I have not seen it.

Still glad I did not purchase it with my AP.
Agreed. One of the few services Disney is absolutely crushing Universal on.
I don't need any ride photos, but would love professional photos taken throughout the park like at Disney.
Hopefully it is something Universal will address in the future, I would definitely add it to my AP.

Agreed. One of the few services Disney is absolutely crushing Universal on.
I don't need any ride photos, but would love professional photos taken throughout the park like at Disney.
Hopefully it is something Universal will address in the future, I would definitely add it to my AP.
Sadly I don't see them fixing it - in speaking to someone in VIP Tours its outsourced and for whatever reason there is little they can do about it. They know its an issue so maybe it will be better in Epic IDK.

It's especially frustrating to me as a solo traveler - and yeah not all that interested in the ride photos - il get them just because its in the package, but I want the other photos.

So The Dark Room that closed opposite The Bourne stuntacular hasn't been relocated and reopened...?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts