My Universal Photo Packages

Does anyone know how long the sale will last? Do I need to buy it today?

(I bought this last year. 97 photos over 5 days. I wish they has more photographers around the parks, but the ride photos are AWESOME! I was especially happy with the Volcano Bay photos.)

Just FYI, I did e-mail CS to verify the packages are good forever. Here's the reply. I'd purchase early if you're unsure how long the sale will last.

Hello Dawn,

I am happy to help. The packages do not have an expiration date and can be redeemed at any time. Please let me know if you need anything further.

Thank you,

I hope this email finds you and finds you well.

Devona T.

Customer Service Representative

1-800-368-6386

Ok...so now I have a dilemma. I was not going to buy the photo package mostly because I was planning on 4 park days that would not be consecutive, so the cheapest one that fit was $140.

Well, now there is a year for $79.99 or 5 days for $59.99
We bought APs and would like to go back, however, we might not go back within a year (since the APs are good for 15 months). So to do 5 days or one year...decisions, decisions

Ok...so now I have a dilemma. I was not going to buy the photo package mostly because I was planning on 4 park days that would not be consecutive, so the cheapest one that fit was $140.

Well, now there is a year for $79.99 or 5 days for $59.99
We bought APs and would like to go back, however, we might not go back within a year (since the APs are good for 15 months). So to do 5 days or one year...decisions, decisions

$20 could worth the peace of mind?

Just FYI, I did e-mail CS to verify the packages are good forever. Here's the reply. I'd purchase early if you're unsure how long the sale will last.

Thank you - we are going in April and I was planning on getting the 3 day. 5 day with the sale it is!!!

Edit - was just looking at the link. This is the same that you would buy at the hotel when you arrive, with the UO photographers and all ride photos, correct? The page just looks a little sketchy LOL
Also, can you activate in Citywalk or at the on site resorts as well, and are there photo spots in either? We will arrive April 17th, DH's bday, but won't go to a park until the 18th. Leaving the 21st, so if we wanted to make the most of the 5 days it would be great to be able to use that first day.

Last edited:
do these go on sale often? not sure I want to purchase now for August.......

They do go on sale pretty frequently. I *think* there is usually another sale in the summer. If you were to buy now, you do not have to activate until you go. We bought the Mardis Gras package for a summer trip last year and it was fine.

Thank you - we are going in April and I was planning on getting the 3 day. 5 day with the sale it is!!!

Edit - was just looking at the link. This is the same that you would buy at the hotel when you arrive, with the UO photographers and all ride photos, correct? The page just looks a little sketchy LOL
Also, can you activate in Citywalk or at the on site resorts as well, and are there photo spots in either? We will arrive April 17th, DH's bday, but won't go to a park until the 18th. Leaving the 21st, so if we wanted to make the most of the 5 days it would be great to be able to use that first day.

This is the presale site - it is legit - yes - its the same company :)

I thought the same thing last year, but it worked just fine - plus with the presale special you get some free photos!

That link is the legit link! This page has all the info you should need. I think there is a photo kiosk in citywalk but I am not sure, definitely not in the resorts. It's quick to activate first thing in the morning, the photo stores are close to the entrance gates of each park

I got the 5 day special and will use it in September. Great deal and we've never got it before because it was too expensive.
The info that came with it says "The first step is to bring this printed email to any Universal
Photographer and present the order number below. You'll get
your first picture taken and instructions on where to
go to collect your My Universal Photos™ package card. "

I haven't had the photo package in a couple of years now.

The last time I had it we got two lanyards and I forget what else.

Can someone tell me their experience more recently with redeeming the certificate.

See my post above yours.
That is what came with my confirmation. It says how to redeem the voucher.

Yeah, I saw that, but I was wondering how it works now when you redeem your certificate in the parks.

To be honest, I am mostly looking to find out if you still get the two lanyards with the package. Our group splits in two after lunch. The thrill seekers group and tamer ride group so I want both groups to have one because we have found the few photographers around often come to you when they see the lanyard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!