My Universal Photo Packages

Sorry if it's been asked by anyone already, but does anyone know if they're doing anything for people who have packages already activated (I bought a one year one back in November) who can't go to the parks during all of quarantine closures?

I emailed back in April and this was the response.

Thank you for contacting customer service. We currently do not have a final word on how this will be handled but please be assured that current active packages will be extended and you will be taken care of. Once the parks announce when they will be resuming operations, we will have more information. I would suggest you to reach out again later so that we can provide all details then. Please let me know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Stay safe and best wishes,

Customer Service Representative

We are BRAND NEW to Universal, but went ahead and did the APs since it wasn't much more than a 2 day Park2Park pass. We went for the first time while we were at Daytona mid June. Now that we have passes, I've looked into the Photo Packages. Is the yearly package not always available or just not available now due to the Covid stuff? I didn't see it on their website. I didn't do the initial purchasing of our passes (my husband did), so I don't know if it was an option during that. Reading this, I see where they occasionally offer deals, so I'll keep a watch for those, too.

When UO has the special for the photo package, buy then!

We never know when those deals will happen

We are BRAND NEW to Universal, but went ahead and did the APs since it wasn't much more than a 2 day Park2Park pass. We went for the first time while we were at Daytona mid June. Now that we have passes, I've looked into the Photo Packages. Is the yearly package not always available or just not available now due to the Covid stuff? I didn't see it on their website. I didn't do the initial purchasing of our passes (my husband did), so I don't know if it was an option during that. Reading this, I see where they occasionally offer deals, so I'll keep a watch for those, too.
They usually have good specials around spring break. I bought one annual package in june and other in april. Different years.

Never knew UO had a Photo Service.
Does it work like Disney's where one person in the group buys it and any one in the group can use it? Or does the person who purchased have to be present?
Can I download the photos to print at my local CVS?

1. Does it work like Disney's where one person in the group buys it and any one in the group can use it? Or does the person who purchased have to be present?
Can I download the photos to print at my local CVS?
Yes, it works for the whole party. You can even get an extra card or two so you can get all the photos if you split up.

You can download and print elsewhere! Or upload to sites like shutterfly / photobucket to print or post online.

Yes, it works for the whole party. You can even get an extra card or two so you can get all the photos if you split up.

You can download and print elsewhere! Or upload to sites like shutterfly / photobucket to print or post online.
ty

One thing I didn't understand until we used it the first time. There isn't a special photopass card. But, there are photo cards that are linked to your photopass and can continue to be used.

So, when you arrive at the parks for the first time with a photopass, have the app on your phone. Get your photo taken from the first photographer you see. They will give you a photo card. Load that photocard onto your account using the photopass app. (But absolutely before midnight because orphaned photos are deleted. So, in the future, you give your card to the photographer before they take your photo and it is added to your account. After rides that have photos, you hand your card over to the photo booth person and they add the ride photo to that card. You can keep adding cards so that everyone has a card. These cards are the same ones you'd get if you just wanted to purchase photos by themselves.

I liked having a card lanyard that had a ziplock closure so the card didn't get wet.

I bought mine at the Black Friday (2019) sale, so I can't answer that.

I don't know if I'd buy one now. I guess because I find the mask photos depressing. I don't think that I am the only one. When we went in August the photographers were practically begging people to have their photo taken. Even with the photos being free, we didn't stand for many photos. There was also a lot less photographers than pre-covid. And some rides that had photos pre-covid, didn't have them in August. That was bonus trip otherwise I'd have been grumpy about the photos.

I am curious, when are you going?

Anyone know if there might be another sale soon? Hoping to snag a deal before our May trip :)
I bought mine at the Black Friday (2019) sale, so I can't answer that.

I don't know if I'd buy one now. I guess because I find the mask photos depressing. I don't think that I am the only one. When we went in August the photographers were practically begging people to have their photo taken. Even with the photos being free, we didn't stand for many photos. There was also a lot less photographers than pre-covid. And some rides that had photos pre-covid, didn't have them in August. That was bonus trip otherwise I'd have been grumpy about the photos.

I am curious, when are you going?
We are going in mid-May (May 13-20). It is my kids first trip, so masks or not, I’d like pictures that I don’t have to take ;) We are buying annual passes, so hoping to get back again once or twice in the next year also. If I can get a decent deal, I’ll buy the photo package. If I can’t, the current price isn’t worth it

Last edited:
Any updates on people who have been there recently about how many photographers are around? I thought I read some reports that there weren't too many photographers in too many places.

Any updates on people who have been there recently about how many photographers are around? I thought I read some reports that there weren't too many photographers in too many places.
I was just there for the past 2 days and had the photo pass. It was good for all the rides that take pictures and for The Dark Room. Other than that, and seeing a photographer at the Transformers meet and greet, I didn’t see any others walking around. Oh, there was also a self picture taking kiosk in Jurassic Park in front of a vehicle.

Anyone know what's up with the "My Universal Photos" FB site? That seemed to be where they announced sales and stuff, but it appears to not be working at present.

I saw a photographer by the entrance and by the transformers…

they don’t seem to have many around to be honest

Anyone know what's up with the "My Universal Photos" FB site? That seemed to be where they announced sales and stuff, but it appears to not be working at present.
When I have a situation similar to your question. I call guest services that are inside the park and ask them to
To explain to me how can I work with thre set up

I find guest services can help find answers
They are there are to help the guests

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter