my "why" question!

tigger2on

<font color=6699CC>I can't believe I read this WHO
Hi all
Just returned from the Familymoon @ WDW with disabled dd and had a great time. She had a GAC for 6 but only 3 of us used it. Ryleigh is still not keen on character interaction .... still hoping oneday it'll happen! It was very very hot but Ry was pretty good with it. We kept her well hydrated and cool as much as we could.... (Tip: Walk through the stores when on mainstreet to keep cool!)
Now for my WHY question.....
Has anyone else noticed that WDW's Parade disabled/ special needs seating at the end of Main Street USA is in direct sunlight all the time? Why don't they move it over to the side where there is some tree coverage??? No one ever sits there on sunny days!!!

Probably because it is an area that is easily roped off and contained. This keeps those who are not with the handicapped person from standing behind and pushing in on them.
The area across from Hall of the Presidents has some shady areas although where I usually stand is in the sun. The areas toward Main Street are shaded and those toward the Liberty Bell are in the sun.

I agree with Talking Hands.
We've seen the same thing at the Studio. The special needs parade spot is right in the sun, when if they moved it across the street is would not be. But, it would also be a less controlled area, with people standing behind it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter