Mythos question

ChrisFL

Disney/Universal Fan and MALE
Does anybody know who's been there recently if "Nemesis" (aka Lori) is still
working there? She's been there practically every time I go since the previews before IOA opened and I wanted to see her again soon.

MIB9etc.? lol

Anyway, thanks, now if I can just get myself over there...

One other question....

The dining sounds rather ..... um... fine at MYTHOS. I have a finnicky 11 & 12 year old who want normal American fare as well... is this possible there?>

Originally posted by wendyful
The dining sounds rather ..... um... fine at MYTHOS. I have a finnicky 11 & 12 year old who want normal American fare as well... is this possible there?>
You are exactly right Wendy- I just posted on that exact question under "decent dining at USF".
Mythos is definately a great place, but it is on the sophisticated and pricey side. The food and atmosphere really should be enjoyed at a leisurely pace for the best experience. My son has autism and is particularly picky in his food choices, he eats french fries, pizza and not much else. While my daughter and I loved Mythos, he only ate the rolls and was anxious to get out of there long before the rest of us were finished.
For young families trying to get most bang for the vacation buck there are lots of other options in IOA, Citywalk, and Universal.
Universal does a terrific job of covering the full gastronomic spectrum. There are more things to eat and places to eat them than you can shake a drumstick at. From pretzel carts to world class gourmet.
I mentioned my favorite USO places in my other post, in IOA on a hot summer day I find it hard to resist the huge tubs filled with ice and fresh fruits and beverages. Confisco's has great lunches my kids enjoyed. If you are a sugar junkie you must hit Cinnabon or the funnel cake stand. Ever try green eggs and ham? You can in the DrSeuss area!
The only places I have been dissapointed at were the cafeteria style places in the Marvel and Cartoon areas.
If your kids are anything like mine they will likely have eaten so much from the street carts and booths you won't even need to bother going into a restaurant.
:jester:

The items I remember from the kids menu were spagetti and sauce (huge portion), hamburgers, chicken fingers and pizza. They also have a kid's ice cream sundae.
My kids ate there at ages 5+9 and 2 years later, enjoying it both times.

But I defenitely agree with Suzy about it not being a fast food place. It's a place for a leisurely meal (not that service is slow, it's great in fact but Mythos should be savored to be appreciated)
BTW, you guys should've seen Suzy's daughter with her brother, what a patient, loving girl!!:) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter