• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MYW Upgrade to AP ??

wheelcap

Gee Mom, I wanna go "HOME"
When we were 'home' in February, we got 10-day+ passes with NE. We've got 6 park days and 6 plus days left on them. Now, we're thinking of upgrading them to APs when we go down in January. But, I need to try to compare the difference between adding days, and upgrading. So - anybody got any idea what these passes are worth - that is, what kind of 'trade in' will we get on them?? :confused3

You can't upgrade more than 14 days from first use, even with non-expiring. This is because most of the pass price is loaded into the first 3 or 4 days, making the rest of the days pretty worthless.

And you can't add days back to a partially used 10 day MYW ticket. You'll have to use up what you have and then buy new again.

I have already sent you a PM. YOu can do this. Our no expiry hopper passes were 8 months old and guest serves giave us a cash alloawnce to use toward the purchase of an AP.

This can be done. I did it June 16, 2007.

I have already sent you a PM. YOu can do this. Our no expiry hopper passes were 8 months old and guest serves giave us a cash alloawnce to use toward the purchase of an AP.

You are both right. What you did is not an "upgrade" in Disney parlance.

If your pass was partially used, then the CM did not follow policy. No one else should count on that happening for them.

You probably also did not get much for an allowance - the last few days of a MYW pass are worth less than the first few days. It's better to save the partially used pass for a future trip because what you get for it is much less than it costs for admission.

If your pass was unused, that's a different situation than the OP is asking about. Unused passes may be upgraded to a longer pass or an AP/PAP at any time. You pay the difference between the cost of the original pass and the cost of the pass you upgrade to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter