Name Designs

wilma-bride

<<This space intentionally blank>>
Hi all :wave:

I have been admiring all the handiwork of the wonderfully creative people here on the Creative Disigns board. A couple of days ago, I saw some wonderful designs with names spelt out in letters featuring some of the characters (I think some had Mickey etc. and others had princesses). These designs are absolutely fantastic and I would love to have a go at making some tee-shirts for my DDs' first trip this year.

However, I am seriously non-creative and don't have a clue where to even start. Would anybody be so good as to give me some pointers on how to get started and, if anybody would be able to modify one of their designs for my DDs, I would REALLY appreciate it :) I am that clueless I don't even know how to go about getting a design from the Dis onto a tee-shirt so any help you could give would be great.

Thanks

I made some shirts, that are not as good as the original ones that were posted. I went to dafont (see sticky post design tips for where to get fonts & clip art). it was recommended by someone, I forget who, to use the font called Basic Font. I used Print Shop & wrote Sam's name. I then went to the other clip art pages and found clip art I thought he would like. My names are much busier than some of the others that were posted & I think most of the other posters did a better job than I, but my nephews loved the shirts I made for them, so I guess it's ok. Here's a picture of one of them.
(redoing picture)
One important thing i found, as some of the clip art had white around them & I didn't want to spend even more time cleaning each piece of clip art (I put a lot in) I had the name end up being the top layer & moving the clip art to the back. If you have specific questions you can email me.
chaoscent@verizon.net
Penny
The Smiley face with the ears was not designed by me it was designed by Beiji. I don't remember who did the God Bless America Mickey, I apologize. Penny

wilma-bride said:
Thank you Penny :)

you can go to my site and download it & edit the names if you want.
it is listed in the design tips under chaos cent. :)
Penny

You might try sending J&NsMom (Kate) a PM she might already have your daughter's names done. She was the one who started designing the names and she has done a lot of them in the past so she might already have the ones you want. She will probably be on later and see this thread.

dumby said:
You might try sending J&NsMom (Kate) a PM she might already have your daughter's names done. She was the one who started designing the names and she has done a lot of them in the past so she might already have the ones you want. She will probably be on later and see this thread.

She's the queen & she has done a lot of them & they are all much better than mine. I didn't ask her as she isn't designing any more. Penny

Penny: Where did you find the Mickey on the Harley clipart. I've been searching for Mickey on a dirt bike (motocross) clipart and have come up empty handed. Deb made a great custom design for me which I love, but if there's Mickey on motorcycle/dirt bike clipart out there I'd love to know where it is!

I don't remember. I have been saving clip art since this board started last July or so. Someone probably posted it & I downloaded and saved it. Now I save the person's name in the clip, but I didn't back then. I would be glad to send the clip to you if no one has clarims it. I am going to do a search now in the designs post. Penny

Found it, It was Julia & Nick's Mom who did it. Sorry Kate, I didn't realize it was yours. She doesn't design anymore, but you could ask her if you could use the design.

J&N's mom just posted a link to her designs on the DDA Trouble Free Zone thread. The Harley Design is hers (she has two of them). Penny

Thanks, Penny. Yes, I'd posted a thread previously asking about Disney-themed motocross clipart but from the responses it sounds as if it's non-existant. Deb put together a cool custom design for me, though. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter