Names on Reservation Question - Toy Story Hotel

bkmanhole

Mouseketeer
I just booked the Toy Story hotel for our upcoming trip later in November! Everything I've read about traveling to China requires all names to be on the hotel booking.

I entered all this information when I was doing the reservation, but can't seem to find how to get a print out with all that information. I'm wondering if anyone who's stayed at the Toy Story Hotel and has used their online system can help.

If not, I plan to try calling the resort if there isn't an easy way to do this. Thanks!

I did the same thing you did, but all the printouts only had my name and we had no problems staying at the Disneyland hotel onsite. They never even noted that I needed their names on the printouts in any way.

I did the same thing you did, but all the printouts only had my name and we had no problems staying at the Disneyland hotel onsite. They never even noted that I needed their names on the printouts in any way.

My wife and I are using the 144 hour transit visa and that's why we are being extra picky. Everything we've read says to make sure everyone's name is on the reservation exactly.

That is true. We were on the 10 year Visa so we didn't need to show any reservation information when we got to China. We did it all at the Consulate.

For what it’s worth - we don’t have all of our names on our reservations, and didn’t have any trouble getting our visas.

However, we have the standard 10 year visas, not transit visas.

From memory, we emailed them to have my name added to the reservation.

However, I think they misinterpreted and changed the reservation to ONLY my name. We had a print out of the original name and the changed name.

But, ultimately it didn't matter as the clerk / officer at the 144 hour visa counter didn't even look at it.

Update:
I was able to receive an email with my booking confirmation with both my name and my wife's name.

I used the contact form on this page and emailed with my confirmation number, names in full and dates of stay. I indicated that I needed it to apply for visas to China. It took about two days (probably because of time change) and I was sent an email with all my booking details with both names. I didn't need to provide clarity or anything.

I hope this is helpful to anyone who might need this in the future.

I just emailed them for this as the chat feature did not work. I was coming to see how others did it and am glad to see the email did work. My brother and are doing the 144 hr visa and I need both our names on it. In my email I did just ask if it was possible via the email without calling and didn't give them our names. If I don't hear back in few days I'll try again with our names. Thanks for the posts saying it worked via email.

The chat/message feature is pointless as they first answered in English and then went to Mandarin and would only answer if I used google translate to make my question in Mandarin. why they first said hello in English made no sense. The person on the chat said to call the number which is what I'm trying to avoid.

I emailed them with our confirmation number/names and asked them to include all of us on the reservation for the 144 hr Visa purpose. They replied back within a day or two with a confirmation letter with all of our names on the reservation.

The only thing I am worry about now is getting to the hotel with non-English speaking taxi drivers. I think I have the address translated into Manderin - I had trouble trying to find the address in Manderin :ssst:

Update:
I was able to receive an email with my booking confirmation with both my name and my wife's name.

I used the contact form on this page and emailed with my confirmation number, names in full and dates of stay. I indicated that I needed it to apply for visas to China. It took about two days (probably because of time change) and I was sent an email with all my booking details with both names. I didn't need to provide clarity or anything.

I hope this is helpful to anyone who might need this in the future.

Thank you for this information as I need to make this addition.

I emailed Shanghai Disneyland last Thursday to get our full names added to our hotel confirmation (it only had my first name on the original confirmation I received - no last name...). Since we had an appointment with a visa service company on Monday afternoon and I hadn't heard back, I ended up calling and promptly received an email confirmation with both hubby and my full names. While on hold you listen to both Chinese and English .....seems confusing, but when they answer the cast member spoke English. When we had our appointment at the visa service company she said a few months ago the policy had changed and that you no longer need to provide a confirmation of your hotel reservation - just the flights. That was a surprise. Hopefully we will have our visa sometime next week.... Oh and the email confirmation from the email request I sent in last Thursday.... it arrived in my email box this morning....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter