Naples Pizza

agamble

DIS Veteran
Can someone who has been to Naples comment on the pizza size? You would think it'd be evident, but I'm confused. They have a large 20" pizza $30 and a half meter pizza $39. But half a meter is just under 20". So is the large actually 20"? Are the two pizzas the same size, or is that just a bad name for the size?

This is from the menu on Yelp!:
Wood-Fired Authentic Pizza Napolentana
Caputo flour imported from naples, san marzano tomatoes, handmade fior di latte, mozzarella, water from our own wells identical to the water found in naples to make our pizza as authentic and delicious as that found on the streets of naples. 10" individual - serves 1, 20" large - serves 2-3, 1/2 meter "family" - serves 3-4

Sounds like the 1/2 meter pizza is bigger since it serves more people than the large. You're right that the names are confusing.

With salads and bread I have comfortably shared an “individual” with one of my kids. Our family of five (3 adults/2 kids) shares the Large with salads and bread. We got the 1/2 Meter once when there was six of us and it was huge, we left a lot of pizza. I’m not sure if this helps and of course it depends on your family’s appetite. The 1/2 Meter is definitely bigger than the Large though.

The 1/2 meter is bigger than the large. You can find pics online with a search. It depends on your families size and if you are getting apps or sides. These are the same size pizzas that Via Napoli serves in Epcot if you have ever eaten there. While the pizza may seem big, it is a thinner crust and my family of 4 can eat the 1/2 meter pizza. When we have had five in our party we make sure to have some bread or salad and we are fine with that size as well. If there were more than 5 in my party the 1/2 meter would not be enough IMO.

Interesting that they say the 20" serves 2 or 3 when Papa Murphy's family size is a 16" and serves 4+. Expensive pizza, but we'd pay that much to eat in the park and probably get less food .

Thanks for the responses. I'll keep this place in mind.

Ok. Looked it up. So the pizza isn't round. That must be why it feeds fewer people than I was thinking .

Ok. Looked it up. So the pizza isn't round. That must be why it feeds fewer people than I was thinking .

The individual and large sizes are round. Only the half meter is rectangle. They serve bread and olive oil & vinegar before your meal, so if you eat any of that it's very filling. I have found that a large is more than 2 of us can eat. And my husband eats a lot. It is a really big pizza. 4 of us got the half meter once and could not even get close to finishing it. But we do have a couple pieces of bread. It is a very good deal as far as price and quantity and quality for the pizza. It's one of my favorite pizza places.

The individual and large sizes are round. Only the half meter is rectangle. They serve bread and olive oil & vinegar before your meal, so if you eat any of that it's very filling. I have found that a large is more than 2 of us can eat. And my husband eats a lot. It is a really big pizza. 4 of us got the half meter once and could not even get close to finishing it. But we do have a couple pieces of bread. It is a very good deal as far as price and quantity and quality for the pizza. It's one of my favorite pizza places.
Thank you for the review. My husband is a big eater too. We have 3 kids from 2 to 7. My 7 y/o can eat more than me if she likes the food. I think we would be able to eat the whole thing, but it would fill them up .

The large 20" pizza will EASILY feed 4 people. Two slices per person is about the maximum we can all eat. We might get a salad to share as well. But, we are 2 adults, 1 teen, 1 pre teen and we are FULL on a 20" round.

The half meter is 20", but it's square, so it's larger. It will feed 5-6 people.

The large 20" pizza will EASILY feed 4 people. Two slices per person is about the maximum we can all eat. We might get a salad to share as well. But, we are 2 adults, 1 teen, 1 pre teen and we are FULL on a 20" round.

The half meter is 20", but it's square, so it's larger. It will feed 5-6 people.
Do they cut this in 8 large pieces, or 12? I feel like a 20in should be enough since we eat a 16in when we get Papa Murphy's. We won't have a fridge to save food when we visit this Thursday, which is when I'm considering this for dinner.

Do they cut this in 8 large pieces, or 12? I feel like a 20in should be enough since we eat a 16in when we get Papa Murphy's. We won't have a fridge to save food when we visit this Thursday, which is when I'm considering this for dinner.

They cut it into 8, but each slice is huge enough to fold over.

Can someone who has been to Naples comment on the pizza size? You would think it'd be evident, but I'm confused. They have a large 20" pizza $30 and a half meter pizza $39. But half a meter is just under 20". So is the large actually 20"? Are the two pizzas the same size, or is that just a bad name for the size?
The difference is the half-meter pizza is rectangular rather than circular and that's why it's bigger.

The pizza is excellent at Naples. Neapolitan style thin crust. I like getting the prosciutto and the arugula. Wished they had the prosciutto a melone like they do at Via Napoli at Epcot.

I guess every family eats differently but it’s so thin just two of us finish a large

This has been frustrating me as well. The only thing I can think of is that the "half meter" is half a square meter in area, about 775 sq inches. This is about 2.5x the area of a 20inch diameter circle at 314 inches.

We have eaten her a few times. One time was just me and DD she was 20 at the time we got the individual and a Cesar salad to share and were really full. The second time we went we got the large pizza a Caesar salad and panzerotti for 4 adults and were really full. I was told by the waitress that the 1/2 meter was too much pizza for the 4 of us. BTW the panzerotti was delish! We usually go here with the patina group coupon we get. As my birthday is in September and we go every Halloween and the coupon is good for 60 days to use here or Tortilla Joes, Uva Bar or Catal if you spend $60 you get a $30 off coupon. See here: https://www.patinagroup.com/mailing-list

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!