National and no non-smoking cars

raelee

Earning My Ears
To all-
using mousesaver codes and a coupon printed off the internet at:

www.vacationoutlet.com

I was able to get an intermediate size car thru National for $148 for 5 days- an acceptable price for my budget.

I e-mailed them requesting a non-smoking car and this is the response I received.

Dear Stephanie Lee,

Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, National does not offer separate smoking and non smoking vehicles. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thank you,

Michele
Reservations Internet Response
National Car Rental

Well, I am a non-smoker (actually being in a smoky car gives me a headache) and my youngest son has asthma so...

Do I choose a car at National from a certain row? If cars are assigned and the car National gives me smells too smoky will it be a problem to get another??? Other suggestions?

Thanks-
Steph

You will be able to choose your car from the Intermediate aisle (unless they have totally changed the process within the last year). Keys are in the cars and they are not locked. I'd recommend that you "check out" the interior of the car before you start loading any luggage into the trunk.

FWIW, we've rented from National many times at MCO. Perhaps we have been lucky, but we've never gotten a "smoky-smelling" car, and I assure you I would notice! Good luck!

For Orlando International you select a car from a row. We have not had a problem avoiding stinky cars in about 15 rentals over the last two years. The stinky cars are in the minority.

Another useful trick at Orlando for all the major rental companies there is to use the two sides of the airport. If the counter line is long or you need more choice of cars try the other side (A vs B)

I'm a smoker and have always gotten into fresh smelling cars. My Grandmother has asthma and didn't have any problems in the car last Thanksgiving. (Just for the record,I never smoke around her) Anyone remember the commercial when Fabreeze first came out? National claimed to be the official car rental agency to use Fabreeze.

National does use Fabreeze. As for the non-smoking sticker. I know someone who ignores that. Really makes me mad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter