National car rental ??

Joycemarie

Earning My Ears
Got some great tips from this board for codes for national. But I find that if you book for eight days that the rate is even better. We only need the car for six days. My question is has anyone rented for 8 days and returned the car earlier? What happened ?Did you get the cheaper rate or did you have to pay a penalty? Any insight on this would be great. Thanks

Joycemarie,

I am going through the same thing. We need our car for 4 days and it is $50 cheaper for 5 days (one week). I called National and asked them what would happen if I rented it for 5 days and returned it early and was told that they would then charge me for a four day rental instead of five. I guess since you aren't actually billed until you return the car, they will charge you for the actual time you had it not the time you reserved it. Kind of stinks doesn't it? I even told them that they didn't have to rent it out for five days, but the girl didn't seem to find that too funny.

Good luck!

never had this happen

but i think if you return it early, they just might revert to the daily rate for those under 5 days

and the higher 7 day rate if you return it early

why not call the EC hotline and ask.....just out of curiosity.......maybe they can tell you what the policy is....but that does not mean the "particular" rental station follow those rules....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter