National drops weekly rate to $205 for dates in September

Thanks for posting! My base rate just dropped $15 for a mid-August reservation. With tax, I'm saving about $20.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

Mary,

Has it been your experience that other companies might follow suit or could this just be a random occurrence? I am still about $70 above last year. A price war might be nice. I thought the off-property agencies were typically cheaper in the past. Alamo always seemed to be competitive (a good thing since they get the most complaints). Not the case so far this year.

-NL

I agree that prices for rental cars have been much higher this year. So far, no sign of a price war, unfortunately.

I think the National rate just dropped because the advance bookings weren't where they had hoped for August/September. They might very well drop again -- it's worth continuing to check. The rental car companies are always adjusting their rates, just like the airlines.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

This is the second drop for us this week from National. We've gone from 362 to 345 to 324 on a FullSize rental for 11 days in late Sept to early Oct. The last price I had at Dollar was 373. (All are final estimates):cool: :cool: :cool: More pins for my DKs

Prices are $75-$100 more than what I paid in May 2002 and December 2001. I will be using Your Ride and Disney transportation unless the rental prices drop significantly!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter