NBA Playoffs, what ya think who ya got (Thoughts)

the bubble doing weird things, in retrospect was the bubble needed so far football and baseball doing good with out it, but just whats I didnt want to happen is happening, all the super powers are being eilinated early and the Lakers have a cake walk to the Championship
Well remember that basketball, soccer and hockey were starting earlier than the other sports, and with the NBA and NHL focusing mainly on playoffs having all the teams in one spot made a lot of sense.

With baseball and football, the biggest lesson came from the early positive tests within some of the ballclubs. I think that helped teams figure out what NOT to do and it appears that things have gone better since then.

the bubble doing weird things, in retrospect was the bubble needed so far football and baseball doing good with out it, but just whats I didnt want to happen is happening, all the super powers are being eilinated early and the Lakers have a cake walk to the Championship
If they were eliminated early were they really a super power? Or were they, like the Clippers, a paper tiger?

NFL is just getting started, so who knows how that will turn out. MLB cancelled several games early on, due to the virus. College football has been playing a couple weeks & has had to cancel games. Some teams have had to cancel all their scheduled games thus far. Others cancelled the second game. My team of choice had todays game cancelled, due to Covid-19 issues with the opposing team. I don't really know anything about the NHL bubble, but the NBA bubble has been very successful compared to other sports that I follow.

ETA: One could make an argument that this may be the year that guarantees the best, NBA team wins. Removing home court advantage from the equation makes it all about the head to head competition.

Last edited:

I wouldn't day baseball has done well without the bubble. There have been numerous games postponed because of positive tests, the Marlins had to play one series with 17 new players, the schedule ended up being crazy and they will be in a bubble for the playoffs.

Football bubbled for their training camps and they've just started the regular season; too early to say what will happen with them. If college football is any indication, there will be teams with positive cases.

No, NBA and NHL did it right.

They have had to cancel a bunch of games in MLB and college football because they aren't bubblling.

I've got a feeling that it load management will be in play for Durant in Brooklyn next season, so we'll see what happens then.

Oh Brooklyn. I am more excited to see how that all plays out then I am about this year's finals. (Well unless the world goes absolutely upside down and it became a Denver-Miami final :laughing:)

Well I shouldn't open my trap since I have made abysmal predictions this year. Well besides commenting on watching first round teams like Miami, that no one is talking about.

But I did say after game one last night - sigh I don't think anyone in the East has a chance when the Lakers are that on. Davis' play will be the factor.

On the other I don't think it is the bubble, I think it the same as always - match-ups. If you don't match up well, well good luck to you.

And I am wowed by the NBA, fantastic job with no hiccups so far. :thumbsup2

Last edited:

you all had good points but I am right. LOL

And I want to add the best team doesnt always win, but they are the champion, and you cant argue but the 4 best teams in order are

Clippers
Mill
Lakers
Boston

You've fallen for one of the classic blunders listed in order of famousness.
1. Never get involved in a land war in Asia.
2. Never go all in against a Sicilian when death is on the line
and
3. Never pick the Clippers.

Boston won tonight, but I just ant to say again, I love BAM, and all f Miami great atlent none of them were a high pick, bet talent evaluate in NBA is Riley

you all had good points but I am right. LOL

And I want to add the best team doesnt always win, but they are the champion, and you cant argue but the 4 best teams in order are

Clippers
Mill
Lakers
Boston
According to the "To be the man, you've got to beat the man (whooooo!)" rule, Boston would hypothetically be the best team.

Top 3 players that elevated there status after the playoffs (so far)

1. Tatum
2. Bam
3. James, it dont look like he lost nothing after 17 years, and it pains me to say this

Top 3 players that elevated there status after the playoffs (so far)

1. Tatum
2. Bam
3. James, it dont look like he lost nothing after 17 years, and it pains me to say this

I literally just came on to say, "low-key turn away cause LeBron has *that look* in his eyes. :rotfl2::thumbsup2:drinking1

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!