Need a stroller at San Diego Zoo?

BrandoMom

Earning My Ears
We are planning a trip to the San Diego zoo with an almost 4-year-old and I can’t decide if I should bring a stroller. I have read that it is a lot of walking and hills, but I have also read you can use the aerial tram, buses, moving sidewalks, etc to avoid some of the uphill walks. She doesn’t use a stroller at home. Would bringing a stroller be more trouble than it is worth? Thanks!

There is now a nice bridge that goes across the zoo which helps eliminate some of the hills. If you use the buses, you can avoid a lot of walking. However, there are parts of the park that you cannot see very well unless you are walking. If you normally don't use a stroller, you probably won't need one.

We did it with a 3-year-old (and older siblings)) and no stroller. We did the pandas first in case the line got long later (which it did) then the bus tour to get the overall feel for the zoo. After looking around a bit we took the skyway uphill to the polar bears and then gradually worked our way down. Those ideas cut out a good deal of the uphill. We didn't see every nook and cranny but most of it in about 6 hours with no complaints.

PHXscuba

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!