Need advice about Volcano Bay decision on our stay

JPinkc

Mouseketeer
Ok we are going June 15 to June 21. We are staying at HRH, so we get the unlimited express passes. The problem is Volcano Bay. My daughter isnt wild about it (14 my wife says body issues), my son thinks its a great idea (12 yrs), my wife not pleased about being in a swimsuit all day LOL. Me I dont care I am 50 and yeah I have dad bod as my daughter puts it. So rather than do the 3 park ticket for the duration we were thinking of just getting a 1 day ticket for Volcano Bay, and staying with the 2 park ticket. Is this doable or are single day tickets for a certain day? Should we just buy the ticket at the resort the day we want to go? I understand that Express passes dont work at Volcano Bay. Where the only thing they wont work at UO or IA is the New Hagrid Coaster. Please experts give me some advice.

If the wife and daughter are not interested in the water park, could you and son so VB for one day while the girls lounge at the hotel pool or hit the parks/city walk for a day ?

I think you can buy day of no problem if its cheaper that way. I'm not sure the time of year you are going but we went over spring break and both days we went the closed the park late morning as it hit capacity.

If your son is wild about water rides and ok rising them on his own I do suggest buying an Express pass at VB for him. We did not and did have a good time hanging in the pool and waiting to be summoned to rides but the waits between rides was very long and I wish I has bought the EP for my eldest.

I did enjoy laying on a beach chair, swimming in the wave pool and the fast and lazy rivers so your wife and daughter may enjoy it.

As someone who HATES waterparks, I absolutely fell in love with VB and am so glad I went. Even if you're not into slides, the slow lazy river and fast lazy river were amazing and I spent hours just floating along in there. It's such a gorgeous park so your wife and daughter may actually enjoy it more than they think! Maybe show them some walkthrough videos of the park on Youtube so they can get a general idea of the park!

I agree, I could float on the lazy river all day! And the pools look fun too. Family raft ride, water coaster.

Sorry we are going in June. Staying at the Hard Rock, I was told that there were no express pass rides in VB?? My wife does want to try the lazy river, maybe try a raft ride. Just dont know how the woman child, IE daughter will feel. She wants to ride the rides but she just is insecure in a bathing suit I guess. Do we have to buy the pass at the Hotel if we decide to do it that way? Does the Unlimited express mean anything on VB tickets for staying at HRH?

The HRH hotel unlimited ep perk is only valid for the express lines at IOA and the Studios

Sorry we are going in June. Staying at the Hard Rock, I was told that there were no express pass rides in VB?? My wife does want to try the lazy river, maybe try a raft ride. Just dont know how the woman child, IE daughter will feel. She wants to ride the rides but she just is insecure in a bathing suit I guess. Do we have to buy the pass at the Hotel if we decide to do it that way? Does the Unlimited express mean anything on VB tickets for staying at HRH?
Some people wear quick dry tees over bathing suit to prevent sunburn, would wearing a tee over bathing suit make your daughter feel more secure?

You can buy your ticket either at the resort or VB ticket booth. VB had two plans for the express pass last summer. There was one that you could purchase to have unlimited rides on most of the attractions or you could purchase a cheaper one that allows one ride for most of the attractions. HRH express pass is only for IOA and the Studios. I have been to VB two years in a row. The first year it opened I had the unlimited express pass and really enjoyed it. It was crazy that summer. Last year at the end of June we did two half days and did not have any express pass. However, we went first thing in the morning and late in the day. You can check the prices on the express pass on line based on the day you go. You can buy them then or at the park, however, they are on a limited basis and could sell out by the time you go.

I agree with Sue M the idea of the shirt over the bathing suit. It would be ashamed for her to miss out because she feels uncomfortable. I have a older teen daughter who went through that last summer. We changed her bathing suit style and she felt much better.

VB is a great water park like pps have said. I hope it all works out and you can try it out.

Thanks I did not know that there was any Express pass offerings for VB. I thought I had read they didnt offer that there. If we purchase one at the hotel is it for a specific day or is it just valid for the length of our stay?

Do the math on this one, we're going to be there the week before you all and staying at Cabana Bay. VB is a huge part of our trip (we have a soon to be 13 year old and we're dealing with body issues too). For us, buying 5 day 3 park tickets then converting to an AP was actually cheaper than buying the 3 day 2 park ticket, converting it to an AP and buying VB tickets as a single day for a family of 4.

BUT, if you're going to convert to an AP just know that on the seasonal pass VB will be blacked out for your dates, so you'd have to move to a level that doesn't do the blackout for VB which changes your numbers a bit.

Thanks I did not know that there was any Express pass offerings for VB. I thought I had read they didnt offer that there. If we purchase one at the hotel is it for a specific day or is it just valid for the length of our stay?
Hi they did for a short time after the first summer stop it. Then they brought it back on a limited basis. Yes it is day specific. That is why I purchased it for one of the days I knew I would be there all day to take advantage. It was to expensive for us to have it more than one day.
There have been changes back and forth on selling of the Express pass for VB. I would check the website if you have problems go to the add on extra section for VB. You will find the number to reserve cabanas if you call there they should let you know how far in advance you could get them. You're welcome!

Hi they did for a short time after the first summer stop it. Then they brought it back on a limited basis. Yes it is day specific. That is why I purchased it for one of the days I knew I would be there all day to take advantage. It was to expensive for us to have it more than one day.
There have been changes back and forth on selling of the Express pass for VB. I would check the website if you have problems go to the add on extra section for VB. You will find the number to reserve cabanas if you call there they should let you know how far in advance you could get them. You're welcome!

Thanks for the Heads up about the dates.

Double check pricing. We are going the week after you. When I purchases tickets, it was a $35 difference between 2 park and 3 park. A one day ticket to VB was about $80.

Consider getting a Cabana. We have done so a few times & think it's a great way to get away from the crowds a little. If the girls are more loungers, it may be the perfect option & save you a little on express. There is a Totum in your cabana where you can get in virtual line for any of the rides, place meal orders & also get waters & a plate of fruit delivered when you arrive. We have paid in the $180-$275 range, but was $$ well spent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter