• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need advice! BLT 1-bedroom vs. VGF studio

amiemjones

Earning My Ears
HI fellow Disney folks, I am in need of some advice. We are going to WDW in March, myself and my husband and our 2 boys, ages 5 and 4. In the past, we have stayed at the Wilderness Lodge Villas and Old Key West, but this year, we want to stay closer to the parks and in newer DVC accommodations, so I'm torn between a VGF studio (less points than a BLT 1-bed, all those new amenities, beautiful ambience, only a monorail away) and a 1-bedroom BLT (more points, but walk to MK, more space, two bathrooms, perhaps less WOW factor). Having stayed at neither, can you guys who have experienced both give me some feedback? Or, if you've stayed in one of these room types, let me know what you loved/maybe didn't like so much? I appreciate it! Either way, we are SO excited to go back!

HI fellow Disney folks, I am in need of some advice. We are going to WDW in March, myself and my husband and our 2 boys, ages 5 and 4. In the past, we have stayed at the Wilderness Lodge Villas and Old Key West, but this year, we want to stay closer to the parks and in newer DVC accommodations, so I'm torn between a VGF studio (less points than a BLT 1-bed, all those new amenities, beautiful ambience, only a monorail away) and a 1-bedroom BLT (more points, but walk to MK, more space, two bathrooms, perhaps less WOW factor). Having stayed at neither, can you guys who have experienced both give me some feedback? Or, if you've stayed in one of these room types, let me know what you loved/maybe didn't like so much? I appreciate it! Either way, we are SO excited to go back!
For me, the extra bathroom alone (given you have two kids) is worth the extra points for BLT. As you say, you can walk to MK, and Wishes from TOTW lounge is wonderfully convenient. Hard to go wrong at either resort, however. Good luck with the decision. :thumbsup2

In some future trip, I think I will stay part of a trip in the VGF studio to both save points and try it out.

As much as I don't prefer split stays, I don't think I could manage an entire trip in a studio any more.

My answer depends on the length of your stay. A shorter stay is a studio is fine but a longer stay needs a larger room. Picture the length of stay with the 4 of you staying in your bedroom at home. Doable?

:earsboy: Bill

I would do the studio at VGF in a heartbeat. Especially while your children are still small, space won't be as big a deal as it will be when they're older. Plus, there's an awesome water play area there I bet they'd find super fun! The ambiance/grounds are incomparable IMO, and it may be harder to get in there (especially in a studio) after it sells out.

Bill, Ha! GREAT point. No, I don't think we would make it that long. We are staying 5 nights, likely exceeding the studio compatibility. Thank you all for the input. We Will have to walk through the GF grounds tho if we choose to go with BLT. Or add an extra night at a VGF studio….. so many possibilities….

You will be hard pressed to get a studio now at VGF unless you own there". No dedicated studios all are part of a lock off". Book NOW if you want VGF . The splash area would be great for your age kids...the BLT one is not very good.

The monorail is not always available as they have been doing work on it. So you would have to take a ferry to MK from VGF which is at the other end of GF. Whereas at BLT you can walk to MK which is much quicker than taking the monorail.

But others are right, while your children as still small, now is the time to stay in a studio, so why not try out VGF. Be prepared that both kids will want to sleep in the Murphy bed which does not hold two.

We just returned from a 10 day split stay at both resorts. We loved being able to walk back and forth from the BLT to MK. Not having to battle the monorail crowd after the fireworks was a huge plus for us.
We took the boat back from the MK when we stayed at the VGF. It is a long walk back to the villas from the boat dock.
With younger kids I would say do the BLT on this trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter