Need advise about Disney Internship Program

ADisneyQueen

DIS Veteran
My daughter asked me to post to see if anyone has any advise for her about applying to the Disney Internship program or the college program. She is a junior in college with a major in communications and a minor in Korean. She just spent a summer in Korea for study abroad. Any advise?

Last edited:
What does she want to do?
Communications is a pretty broad field, and there are a bunch of communications related internships.

The first thing I would do is check out what is available when the new applications drop. See what's offered, what they are looking for, and what skills she matches with.

Are there any more specific questions? Every internship is different so it's hard to just give advice without direction.
I did and internship in 2015 and have since gone full time so I have some experience that I can share

My daughter is in Fall Program right now, and the program has changed drastically since I (and husband) did it. Back then-it was a true learning experience, including seminars where you learned about Disney, were able to network with actual Disney execs etc. Now it is treated like cheap labor program, the seminars are given out on random basis. Unless she has dreams of working for Disney full time after college she may be much better off trying for internship or job in area she intends to begin her career.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter