Need help adding to ressie in Jan @ BWV

MinnesotaChill

Mouseketeer
We have reservations for BWV Jan 19-26. I just found out the early morning flight I had planned to book for the 19th from Minnesota is full. That brings us to the BW for check in about 3pm. We are staying in a 2 bedroom with family for three nights and then they are leaving and friends will join us for the remainder of the week. Since we will be having company, I really want to make sure we don't get a "leftover" room.

Normally, the early flight gets us to the BW at around 11, so we've had good chances for getting a decent room. Now that we are getting in later (with a connection which could make us even more delayed) I am considering coming in the night before and moving in the morning.

Question:

Would I be better off staying somewhere besides BWV that extra night (the 18th) to avoid the chance of them giving me the last thing they had left and wanting me to stay there the entire week? We wouldn't check in until around 1 am the morning of the 19th. I am envisioning them giving me a studio that the next day would turn into my 2-bedroom, but with no trash/towel service in the studio. That is where my in-laws will be staying. I also picture a handicapped room or other undesirable location. I've never had this happen, but have heard stories on here. This is only our second trip home, so I'm new at this.

If I did this option and stayed elsewhere on property (to take advantage of Magical Express) are there dvc discount codes for any other hotels? I am also an annual passholder, but the 60-day best rate option is passed.

I am glad I am dvc! Trying to find the cheapest rate for a hotel at the resort is mind boggling! :earseek:

Thanks for your help!

I don't think 3pm is that late. I've got good rooms at BWV arriving around that time. My experience checking in at BWV is rooms are preassigned.

One thing I noticed about your dates - you are looking to check-in Wednesday or Thursday. The most DVC checkouts are on Friday. You may not have a big choice of rooms on Wednesday or Thursday. Can you arrive on Friday instead?

No, Friday won't work. I managed to book Breathless for Thursday night as a Christmas gift to my father-in-law and the Family Magic Tour the next morning as a gift to my mil.

I must admit I didn't think about the Friday checkout situation when I booked! We had originally planned to stay through the second weekend, but then my sister decided to get married in Key West next week and we figured we had to limit how much time we spent in Florida between now and Feb 1!

Thanks for the insight. I guess I am just really worried a delayed flight will get us in later or that, horror of horrors, my mil will arrive at BWV first and mess up my reservation somehow!

Would she even be able to check in without us, as she is a non-member? I envision arriving to find them set up in a handicapped smoking room overlooking a dumpster and being perfectly happy because it is the nicest hotel room they've ever seen.

Oh my! What a snot I've become!

I think you're worrying too much. Which view did you reserve? There really aren't many bad views at BWV. There's no dumpster view.

If their names are on the ressie, they can check in. I had my friend check in because she arrived at BWV before I did and the only "problem" was when I got there the CM at the desk couldn't find my name in the system to give me a key to the room. It was found, we had a great room, all went well. Take your copy of the reservation with you, give a copy to the others.

Bobbi :flower:

PS. I'm only in the system for 2 years now, but we have had lots of short stays. I worried a lot about checking in because of things that I've read on this board. This is one area that the DIS hasn't helped me, it's made me worry a bit, but the membership is wonderful, we've been very happy.

I think 3 PM is a good time to arrive, because the most rooms will be available then. With check out at 11, the rooms that weren't vacated until then will be prepped, so you should be getting there at the best time.

BTW, are you on NWA or SunCountry?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter