need help planning where to go

Tiggeroo

Grammar Nazi
DH and I haven't been to disney for 10 years. I can't believe it's been so long but we were putting kids through hs and we could never seem to get time off.
So now dh and I are taking an adults only trip. I don't know where to begin with meals. We are going for 7nights/8 days. One of those days will be spent at universal so we should have an extra days meals.
I don't know where to begin on how to make the plan work for us. DH likes good steaks. We'd like some nice couple time. We could sometimes pay for breakfasts or do an early lunch, snack then dinner. I've gotten some good ideas for counter service places. It sounds like we could share some of our counter service lunches leaving some free for dinner. And since we're doing universal one night we can do at least one 2ts meal.
So if you hadn't been there in awhile what would you say are the best diners and the best tips for making the most of the meals.
Also, i've never seen the big fireworks with tinkerbell since we always go in the fall. So seeing the fireworks is a big deal.

oh and we want to do one character breakfast, preferably a buffett. I think it would be better to pay for that and save a ts for a dinner. Does that sound right?

When DH and I went on our "adults only" trip here is where we dined:

Whispering Canyon Cafe - fun to watch the staff interact with the kids & adults, Food was good (not great) but its decent BBQ style and they had a big (all you can eat Skillet)

Le Cellier- loved this as a nice restaurant for adults and plus they are one of the top steak places in WDW, in my opinion.

Les Chefs de France - My steak was great here. As was the staff and the ambiance. Even though it was a bit noisey at times (many ppl do not like that fact) it reminded me of many restaurants and bistros in downtown Paris.

The Brown Derby - this used to be my favorite but the food has gone downhill dramatically!! The food was less than average, we were rushed and we barely saw our waitress. It was not worth our 2 TS credits! Next time we will try Citros or the Flying Fish cafe

Sci-fi - more for the theming than the food. It was average burger and fries quality but I love the theme!

I cant remember anymore at this point. Hope this helps you! :thumbsup2

We love the character breakfast at the Crytal Palace, even my 10 yo ds said he wants to go back there. Bomas at the Animal Kingdom Lodge is GREAT, since our first time there we make sure we go at least once each trip. Le Cellier in the Canadian Pavilion is very good too. We have never eaten at Hollywood and Vine but are going to try it in Sept. The Biergarten in Germany is pretty good too.

Le Cellier is a definite do for us. What characters are at the Crystal Palace breakfast. I want to go to one with the basics like mickey, minney, pooh, goofy, donald etc.

You would probably enjoy Chef Mickey's in the Contemporary if you want a character breakfast with Mickey and Pals. I have never done this one so can't comment on how good it is. However, I have done Crystal Palace and this has the pooh Characters: Winnie the pooh, Tigger, Eeyore and Piglet. I can tell you that the Crystal Palace probably makes for a more beautiful setting and is not as noisy as I have heard previous posters call Chef Mickeys. The Garden Grill in Epcot has a character breakfast (I think...someone correct me if I'm wrong).
I would also recommend San Angel Inn in Epcot's Mexico Pavillion for a nice romantic dinner. The restaurant is inside the pavillion itself and they have it set uo to look like you are dining outside under the night sky. The tables are candlelit and the Mexico boat ride passes by the restaurant. It's traditional Mexican dishes.
If you haven't already done so you can go to allearsnet.com and go to the Dining section. They have a list of menus and reviews for every eating place on property.
Good luck! and enjoy your adults only trip!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter