need help w/ ideas for autographs

all4wdw

Mouseketeer
Our kids always get the Disney autograph books which they enjoy filling w/ character autographs. However once home they seem to collect dust and never get looked at. Was looking for suggestions for collecting autographs that are not in the autograph books. I know some people do it on t-shirts and hats. Any other suggestions? Also if you have collected them on t'shirts how did you do it? Thanks!

For clothing, the character can not sign it if it is worn at the time of the meet, so take the shirt in a backpack. Bring a Sharpie Marker and a small hardcover book/piece of hard cardboards- this will proide a flat surface for the character to sign.

Also, disney sells autograph plushes of Pooh and Pluto. They come with a fabric marker and are extremely cute.

We take a poster and have the characters sign with a permanent marker. Last year we did a Millinium poster with Mickey and Minnie. When we returned home we had it framed and hung it in the kids' bedroom hallway.

We had the same thought. Plus, we knew we were only going to get a few autographs this time. We only had three days and wanted to ride rides, not stand in line for autographs!

10yo DS got a bright orange baseball hat from the sporting goods section of Walmart. 8yo DD used her bright pink hip pack, also from WalMart. And I made a Minnie Mouse blankie for our toddler. It's fairly small and lightweight. There are wide white borders around the Minnie Mouse panels on one side, and solid pink flannel on the other. The characters signed on the Minnie side, mostly in the borders. It worked GREAT, and now she has a keepsake she can save forever. When I get the pictures back I'll post one.

We have just about tried everything. Next trip, we are going to do another tshirt. One suggestion that I got from someone else on this board, use an embrodery (spelling) hoop. It pulls the fabric tight. It would be easier to carry. You can move it around the shirt really easy too.

Have not tried the poster - excellent idea. May have to try that especially with the new celebration. Thanks!

Well, i haven't actually done this yet, but someone(s) on this board had a great idea.

Find a photo album of the binder variety. Bring along 3 1/2 x 5 notecards. Have the character sign the notecard. take a picture of child/family with character that signed. When you return home you place the picture in photo album and slide the signature next to (above, underneath it). That way you have a personalized album!

Brenda

Just a little note about the poster. We did this last weekend with a princess poster. It worked great but the poster got a bit "beat up" sticking out of the backpack. Next time I will but a poster mailing tube to put it in- no bending or getting wet that way!

I also bought a hard cover Disney story book for this trip. It had a lot of different Disney stories in it. When we saw a character we turned to their story and had them sign by thier picture in the book! It makes reading the stories even more special. The characters really enjoyed it also- they all made quite a fuss over it and did extra special signatures. Oh, we brought a black sharpie type pen with us for the signatures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter